• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage frustrations…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got two properties, both with a mortgage.

One being lent out – earning more than the mortgage payments for both properties.

There is a belting litetime tracker mortgage with ING direct who will only accept salaried income, and not entertain the rental income.

Now, because I have already applied individually, an IFA will not touch as they will not get their commission.

What is most frustrating is that it is a re-mortgage, and been quite happily paying and making overpayments over the last couple of years.

Going to have to see an IFA I think…
    If possible you might want to move to having just one mortgage, on the property which is being rented out. Then you can allow all of the interest against rental income before you calculate profit.
    Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by lje View Post
      If possible you might want to move to having just one mortgage, on the property which is being rented out. Then you can allow all of the interest against rental income before you calculate profit.
      Wish I could, but got a cracking deal into the rental house - only 2% above the base rate for the mortgage term.

IFA adamant that only option because of the secoond house complication is a 2 year tracker.

Comment

Working...
      X