• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cable: we will respect Indian's ICT demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Future "Super Power"? The bastards can't even feed themselves, have an inherently racist system/agenda and will eventually get f**ked over by the Chinese.

Pakistan has Nukes because India has them, India has Nukes because of the Chinese!
    You see that's why you're just an itinerant IT jobber and not the PM.
    A bit lacking in the upstairs department.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Future "Super Power"? The bastards can't even feed themselves, have an inherently racist system/agenda and will eventually get f**ked over by the Chinese.

Pakistan has Nukes because India has them, India has Nukes because of the Chinese!
      It's only 10 years ago that a Pakistani mate of mine who had been a senior office in the military was called back because things were getting nasty in Kashmir. I think the West stepped in to protect their investment in India that time.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I read a recent analysis that suggested that a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan will kill billions. Most of them will starve due to global crop failures and yield reductions caused by all the dust and soot it would kick up.

Link (subscription required though)
        Last edited by doodab; 28 July 2010, 12:30.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I read a recent analysis that suggested that a nuclear exchange between India and Pakistan will kill billions. Most of them will starve due to global crop failures and yield reductions caused by all the dust and soot it would kick up.
          Billions? Will the fallout extend to other areas in Asia as well?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Billions? Will the fallout extend to other areas in Asia as well?
            It's not due to fallout, it's due to famine because the dust in the atmosphere would cause crop failures and lower yields everywhere, not just where the bombs fell.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Thing is Cameron is right. In the bigger picture keeping connected with one of the world's future super-powers will benefit Britain more than looking after the interests of relatively few, low-level IT geeks.

The world reality has changed which is why Cameron has to go cap in hand to the Indians.

The solution for you lot is to move up the value chain, if you can.

HTH, but IDI
              Cap in hand to them, yet we give them £billions in aid. What are we going to sell to India? Now, if we had some nuclear expertise, the Thorium they have in vast quantities could solve a lot of problems on both sides. I expect the French will get that though, the German will sell them engineering and we just get to destroy our IT industry.

Comment

Anyway I think the only way nuclear war will happen on the sub-continent is if Pakistan becomes a real failed state rather than a failing one.
                But I think the Yanks won't let that happen.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Thing is Cameron is right. In the bigger picture keeping connected with one of the world's future super-powers will benefit Britain more than looking after the interests of relatively few, low-level IT geeks.

The world reality has changed which is why Cameron has to go cap in hand to the Indians.

The solution for you lot is to move up the value chain, if you can.

HTH, but IDI
                  I agree with SAS

Open trade is essential to future economic success... unless of course we're going to start massively increasing manufacturing output then we've only got china to compete with.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I agree with SAS

Most people tend to in the end
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Back in the good old days, you hu-mans were busy letting off megatons worth left right & centre.
                      Still are, have been all morning
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X