• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cable: we will respect Indian's ICT demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Indeed it is surprising they don't given that we completely stripped the country of its assets and left it a basket case economically (thats why the railway was built, it wasn't a gift), left precious few educational insitutions of any worth, tolerated loads of famines under the Raj etc.
    The stats are quite stunning - when Britain entered India it accounted for 25% of world GDP, when Britain left it was 2%.
    I think its quite remarkable that they don't bear any bitterness.
    Do you know what Hindu women do with a horse when it's been sacrificed? Ashvamedha

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Do you know what Hindu women do with a horse when it's been sacrificed? Ashvamedha
      Fascinating but
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        That's why the recent trip to Turkey was a smart move.
        Yes and going to Brazil should be on the cards too. Maybe we could get some Brazilian footy managers over
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          I gave up after the bit where it said the horse has to be less than 100 years old Do the women have horse sex or not?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            How many other countries have given India Carte Blanche access to their IT industry as in the UK.
            I was in a meeting yesterday where a French guy was talking (in English, naturally) and got a bit stuck on the term "carte blanche" so he said, "Do you say 'carte blanche' in English? I think you do?" The other English person in the meeting immediately said, "No, never heard of it." I said, "Uh, yes we do!" "Well, I don't!" she said. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Do the women have horse sex or not?
              No, its only imitated

and the ceremony in full has only been performed a handfull of times
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

The stats are quite stunning - when Britain entered India it accounted for 25% of world GDP, when Britain left it was 2%.
                GDP is a bulltulip metric - Chinese workers make expensive iPads working 70 hour weeks, this contributes fraction of GDP to China compared to what West gets because iPads sold for crazy money.

Comment

Yes and going to Brazil should be on the cards too. Maybe we could get some Brazilian footy managers over
                  Was going to suggest that but I'm not sure we would be welcomed with any 'reverance'.

There is no shared history, that I am aware of, that could be 'leveraged' - admittedly, my historical knowledge isn't vast.

Also, it may not be a popular sentiment, but we really need to continue to actively establish links with Libya.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    GDP is a bulltulip metric - Chinese workers make expensive iPads working 70 hour weeks, this contributes fraction of GDP to China compared to what West gets because iPads sold for crazy money.
                    Yes but in the C17th there was no outsourcing. The GDP figures there refer to share of world trade.
                    And anyway you are working 70 hour weeks and there's no efffect on GDP or your bank balance either
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                      There is no shared history, that I am aware of, that could be 'leveraged' - admittedly, my historical knowledge isn't vast.
                      We introduced football to them. Nuff said.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X