• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cable: we will respect Indian's ICT demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Thing is Cameron is right. In the bigger picture keeping connected with one of the world's future super-powers will benefit Britain more than looking after the interests of relatively few, low-level IT geeks.

The world reality has changed which is why Cameron has to go cap in hand to the Indians.

The solution for you lot is to move up the value chain, if you can.

HTH, but IDI
    Been reading Tom Clancy eh? Didn't win there either
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thing is Cameron is right. In the bigger picture keeping connected with one of the world's future super-powers will benefit Britain more than looking after the interests of relatively few, low-level IT geeks.

The world reality has changed which is why Cameron has to go cap in hand to the Indians.

The solution for you lot is to move up the value chain, if you can.

HTH, but IDI
      Agree except, in reality, I doubt India will favour the UK over other trading partners.

Britains colonial past still runs deep amongst many Indians and the UK is better off hedging its bets by building links with other up and coming nations.

That's why the recent trip to Turkey was a smart move.

Comment

David Cameron goes unnoticed in India:

The British press has worked itself into a gibbering mass of excitement about Cameron’s visit to India. The Indian press has barely noticed it. There is no mention of Cameron on the front page of The Times of India’s website, which is dominated by the spat between cricketing legends Bishen Bedi and Muttiah Muralitharan...
        David Cameron is not cutting it with India’s media | The Spectator

Comment

Not in the medium term future they aren't - unless you're making products for old people.
          They are for services and goods that they wish to purchase - financial bulltulip though is probably something they've got enough of.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Agree except, in reality, I doubt India will favour the UK over other trading partners.

Britains colonial past still runs deep amongst many Indians and the UK is better off hedging its bets by building links with other up and coming nations.

They'll trade with whoever will prove to be the most economically advantageous.

And as for the colonial past, I've never seen any evidence of bitterness on the part of the Indians. Infact most seem to hold the UK in high regard
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Been reading Tom Clancy eh? Didn't win there either
              Eh?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Bengal

Since our wealth was mainly based on Indian plunder maybe they have a right to some of it.

I agree with SAS though. Protectionism is wrong and only the weak, unadaptable and plain feckless need worry.

Code monkeying is old hat, Bobs and auto code generators are seeing to that.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

How many other countries have given India Carte Blanche access to their IT industry as in the UK. We shouldn't need to beg. Threaten to cut off this cushy number for no return. Send Hague in, not Hewitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Not in my experience of working for an Indian company, very nice people.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      And as for the colonial past, I've never seen any evidence of bitterness on the part of the Indians. Infact most seem to hold the UK in high regard
                      Indeed it is surprising they don't given that we completely stripped the country of its assets and left it a basket case economically (thats why the railway was built, it wasn't a gift), left precious few educational insitutions of any worth, tolerated loads of famines under the Raj etc.
                      The stats are quite stunning - when Britain entered India it accounted for 25% of world GDP, when Britain left it was 2%.
                      I think its quite remarkable that they don't bear any bitterness.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X