• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Interview Thank You Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be something which has come from the States. I've done a lot of interviewing in my time and I've never had a thank you letter in the UK or China, but when I lived in the US I used to get them all the time. I found it creepy to be honest.
    Loopy Loo

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I don't send a thank you letter. At the end of the interview I just thank them for their time and make sure they know I'm interested (even if Im not). It's the polite thing to do.
      What psycho-cat said.

Comment

Does the agency send you a thankyou letter for letting them represent you?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sending a thank you letter just makes you look desperate
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I once sent a thank you email direct to the client after they offered me a role and I declined. I sent them the email to thank them for the offer and to explain why I'd declined it because I wasn't sure what bulltulip the agent would feed them as he was pretty annoyed I didn't take it and I didn't want him to ruin any potential future work at that client.

Comment

I usually wait a month and then send an invoice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                I once sent a thank you email direct to the client after they offered me a role and I declined. I sent them the email to thank them for the offer and to explain why I'd declined it because I wasn't sure what bulltulip the agent would feed them as he was pretty annoyed I didn't take it and I didn't want him to ruin any potential future work at that client.
                I think this is only scenario when I would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
                  I'm curious - do any of you send thank you letters / emails to interviewers?
                  Never

I only on very rare occasion bother with a covering letter, if they want my thanks, they can hire me (which they usually do!)
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

What brought this dull thread back to life?

Comment

Working...
                    X