• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On a date tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noooooo. Don't go for a meal!! Just stick to a one hour drink and that way you bother have a get out without having to make excuses. If it goes well you can always do food next time. She might be a right swamp donkey and you are gonna be stuck trying to eat and keep your food down everytime you look at her!! It would be the longest night ever!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Noooooo. Don't go for a meal!! Just stick to a one hour drink and that way you bother have a get out without having to make excuses. If it goes well you can always do food next time. She might be a right swamp donkey and you are gonna be stuck trying to eat and keep your food down everytime you look at her!! It would be the longest night ever!
      You are speaking from experience
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Mrs Palmer and her five lovely daughters?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Of course there is also the risk that over the course of the meal and associated imbibement your reaction softens from "eeew" to "yeah baby lets get it on", resulting in you waking up next to a wookie, probably a long way from home, with a hangover.

Be careful.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.
            Apart from the obigatory <<canned laughter>> and Frank Spencer voice I hear when I read these threads....

Does the quote above not seem a little weird for a first date especially one with someone you've met on the tinterweb.

Both drive to restaurant in sep cars, neither can drink (ok, fine)... And then train into the city meaning you both HAVE to return to the same place regardless of how much of a nightmare it was. Why would she suggest that?

Comment

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.
              Wear your mankini. She'll make her own mind up what happens next.

Comment

Won't you

Got chatting with a lovely sounding lady on an online dating website, things have gone quite well over the last few weeks.

We are going to meet up this evening.

Now, I would prefer a quick drink at a bar to see how we get on.

The lady has suggested a meal, later on in the evening so we can drop our cars off and get the train into Manchester for a nice long evening.

Now, I am hoping we get on well in person, but, I could do with an escape plan if this is needed.

My head is rather clogged up with hayfever – will not be on top form, any ideas for getting this sorted out? A steam room would cure, but sadly no time to get to the health club before we meet up.
                find it difficult to find a restaurant that can accomodate her guide dog? And won't your style be cramped as she will have her carer with her?

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  You are speaking from experience
                  It was you then ?
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Both drive to restaurant in sep cars, neither can drink (ok, fine)... And then train into the city meaning you both HAVE to return to the same place regardless of how much of a nightmare it was. Why would she suggest that?
                    Because her boyfriend is into nicking cars, and when they both return there, Wilmslow's will be gone. Although who would want an 8-year-old Mondeo Estate? Takes all sorts I suppose!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Wilmslow, what did you do to your sick ex-girlfriend?

I missed that episode.

Comment

Working...
                      X