• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Red Bull gives you wings...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    it wasn't all that heavy an impact, not compared to Kubica's at Canada a couple of years ago. It looks spectacular, but the really scarey thing about that is not that the driver gets hurt, but that the car, or bits of the car, go flying over the fences into spectators.
    Lands upside down at 150Mph (twice as fast as motorway speeds) and bounces, in an open-cockpit car? That is an almighty crash and it's amazing he just jumped out.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Still no word from the stewards?

Alonso has the attitude that everyone should move over for him. Hopefully any penalties won't greatly benefit him. He's a brilliant driver and I don't get why he has to do this whining crap.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Those F1 cars certainly can take a hell of a kicking.

The drivers are super fit too which I'm sure helps, but considering the speeds of some of the nasty crashes there's got to be some serious engineering brilliance to keep the drivers alive let alone able to casually climb out of the wrecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Alonso has the attitude that everyone should move over for him. Hopefully any penalties won't greatly benefit him. He's a brilliant driver and I don't get why he has to do this whining crap.
          Probably cos he likes to whinge.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Lands upside down at 150Mph (twice as fast as motorway speeds) and bounces, in an open-cockpit car? That is an almighty crash and it's amazing he just jumped out.
            Yes but the cockpit is very well protected against that. Landing upside down from say, 10 feet, is a relatively low speed impact. It's the 150mph part that's much more serious - upside down or not; the upside down part just makes it look more spectacular.

He slid along tarmac for quite a distance losing speed, and then hit a relatively soft tyre barrier. They have a warning light in the cars that's triggered at a certain level of G force, and if it's on, the marshals won't let the driver get out of the car. Webber got himself out of the car absolutely fine. It looked spectacular, but in reality it wasn't that big an impact.

Here's Kubica going about the same speed almost head on into a concrete wall, and without losing any speed. Now that was amazing, but they took some time getting him out of the car, and despite being fine wouldn't let him take part in the next race.

YouTube - robert kubicas crash
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

5 second penalties - Alonso gains a whopping 1 place...

autosport.com - F1 News: Nine drivers given five-second penalties

Edit: Never heard of 5 second penalties before...

And I think Jonathan Legard sums it up in his tweet

5 second penalties given to the 9 SC offenders so Jenson Button keeps third place. Ferrari will be even more angry.
              Last edited by centurian; 27 June 2010, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
              X