• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Minestrone and Tay - two peas in a pod.

Oh, hang on, Tay said he was in New Zealand - Two peas in an antipod.
    God rest his black soul.

Makes me glum.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Minestrone and Tay - two peas in a pod.

Oh, hang on, Tay said he was in New Zealand - Two peas in an antipod.
      I'm sorry but he heard a one night barny from his neighbours and you are asking to get the council involved.

You will be banging on about the nanny state next week and will not get the irony.

Comment

Christ last night my daughter work up at 2am screaming, probably a bad dream, or because it was hot. So my other half went to see her and give her a cuddle.

Well my daughter has started developing a taste for major tantrums and last night had the worst ever. Once placated she was told she couldnt come into bed with us as it was too hot and she had to stay in her bed.

That kicked off a whirling, dervish, violent tantrum(worse ever seen) which saw her kick my wife in the face, through herself around the room and scream and scream and scream. All the windows were open and you can here a conversation outside.

This went on for 20 minutes. The noise around the street would have been horrendous and to be honest a dozen houses would have been able to hear it(didnt think to close all the windows at the time)

We are personally mortified that so many people would be able to hear you're comings & goings. But I dont suppose everyone gives a tulip.

Was it bad for a second night Nick?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I'm sorry but he heard a one night barny from his neighbours and you are asking to get the council involved.

You will be banging on about the nanny state next week and will not get the irony.
          I can see where you're coming from, and if it was a one-off or once every few months I'd agree.

All I'm saying is shouty door-slamming neighbours tend to make it a habit. So if a row happens shortly after you or they have just moved in, it's reasonable to assume it will be a regular occurrence, and on that assumption getting the noise abatement officer round at least puts them on notice that their noise hasn't gone unnoticed (which in itself may prompt them to improve their behaviour).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I can see where you're coming from, and if it was a one-off or once every few months I'd agree.

All I'm saying is shouty door-slamming neighbours tend to make it a habit. So if a row happens shortly after you or they have just moved in, it's reasonable to assume it will be a regular occurrence, and on that assumption getting the noise abatement officer round at least puts them on notice that their noise hasn't gone unnoticed (which in itself may prompt them to improve their behaviour).
            Or just make it worse?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And what was the deal here in the end Mr Fitz. Is peace and harmony the order of the day?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                And what was the deal here in the end Mr Fitz. Is peace and harmony the order of the day?
                Yeah, they're OK most of the time - there's been the odd slanging match every few weeks, but they've managed to keep it to the afternoon or early evening, and also kept it brief. Other than that they're OK - no loud music or blaring TV, and to the best of my knowledge they aren't planning to convert one of the flats into a cannabis farm, like those chaps the other year

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Yeah, they're OK most of the time - there's been the odd slanging match every few weeks, but they've managed to keep it to the afternoon or early evening, and also kept it brief. Other than that they're OK - no loud music or blaring TV, and to the best of my knowledge they aren't planning to convert one of the flats into a cannabis farm, like those chaps the other year
                  No cannabis farm!! Gutted.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    No cannabis farm!! Gutted.
                    You used the wrong smilie .

Comment

Working...
                    X