• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I would go out running at 7 the next morning for a few hours and leave my B&W floor standers right up next to wall with Puccini blaring.
    I heard a story about a chap who went on a two week holiday and left his stereo on full belt.

It apparently cured the problem.
    Last edited by Sysman; 26 June 2010, 17:27.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Nick likes it in the city. It's "interesting".
      He reminds me of my frightfully posh Aunt.

"I spoke to my gardner today, what a nice chap"

I still issue that challenge to nick to walk from Easterhouse to Drumchapel on a Saturday night after an Old Firm game. I think I offered him 100 quid a mile to go to charity and I offered to pay for his travel up and down. I cannot remember, but I think I had an outlay of 1200 for charity.

When Cliphead said to walk about Easterhouse as "suicide" he seemed to tulip out of it. Funny that.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What are you doing living there? Why not buy a place somewhere nice?
        Maybe it is. Drug dealers don't have to live in slums and in fact might want to live away from their clients, not to mention being able to afford it. And loud shouting doesn't imply chavs either.

Nick, do they know about the past torturing, maybe you can scare them off.

edit: Also, did you post about the drug dealers before? And are you happy linking to a story which tells us your address?
        Last edited by d000hg; 26 June 2010, 15:19.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          My first question is, how on earth did you sleep through someone being tortured downstairs!!
          The torturing went on in a flat in the next street. The three of them that lived here were very good neighbours, never made any noise, always friendly and polite when I bumped into them in the hall. I think they did most of their dealing away from here, as they didn't even have many people coming round to see them.

So in reply Nick.

1) Are the people below tenants or do they own their own flat?
          2) Bearing in mind your last lot where drug dealers do you feel you can go and talk to them?
          3) If they tell you to f-off and own their own flat, you can always a) Make a lot of noise in response, b) Council job c) Vallium d) Alcohol e) Threaten to burn him with a hairdryer or if they rent ) a) Drop the agency a line with a complaint.

1st thing is to go and speak with them.
          They're tenants. Anyway, maybe it was just a one-off, all-night drunken row. I'll see how things go on. If they continue like this, the people in the ground floor back are going to be getting pissed off with them too, so we can form an alliance against them.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          What are you doing living there? Why not buy a place somewhere nice?
          WHS
          This area generally is nice. I've learnt by experience that nutters will pop up occasionally wherever you go.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          edit: Also, did you post about the drug dealers before? And are you happy linking to a story which tells us your address?
          I mentioned it in TPD at the time. The story gives their addresses at the time of the trial: they never came back here after being arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Maybe it is. Drug dealers don't have to live in slums and in fact might want to live away from their clients, not to mention being able to afford it. And loud shouting doesn't imply chavs either.

Nick, do they know about the past torturing, maybe you can scare them off.

What's this? Did he open up their leterbox every Monday and shout URLs a them?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              What's this? Did he open up their leterbox every Monday and shout URLs a them?
              Nobody read those either (tee hee)

Nick if it happens again just complain to the agency. It means they will be in breach of their tenancy. Simples.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nobody read those either (tee hee)

Nick if it happens again just complain to the agency. It means they will be in breach of their tenancy. Simples.
                Nick, you should have phoned the council noise abatement thingie straight away, last night while the row was in progress.

It _will_ happen again, and again, and again, and the sooner the eviction process is underway the better. Don't give the antisocial bastards any chances.

Oh, and in the meantime these may help (*), seriously. Pop a one of them in each ear, and you'll snore through Judgement Day.

(*) Foam earplugs are useless. But those Quies ones are wax
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

For God's sake, it was 1 night of arguing.

Comment

And with that, when you did get to sleep, did you wet your bed Nick?

Comment

Minestrone and Tay - two peas in a pod.

Oh, hang on, Tay said he was in New Zealand - Two peas in an antipod.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X