• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New Neighbours

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Neighbours"

Collapse

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No cannabis farm!! Gutted.
    You used the wrong smilie .

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yeah, they're OK most of the time - there's been the odd slanging match every few weeks, but they've managed to keep it to the afternoon or early evening, and also kept it brief. Other than that they're OK - no loud music or blaring TV, and to the best of my knowledge they aren't planning to convert one of the flats into a cannabis farm, like those chaps the other year
    No cannabis farm!! Gutted.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And what was the deal here in the end Mr Fitz. Is peace and harmony the order of the day?
    Yeah, they're OK most of the time - there's been the odd slanging match every few weeks, but they've managed to keep it to the afternoon or early evening, and also kept it brief. Other than that they're OK - no loud music or blaring TV, and to the best of my knowledge they aren't planning to convert one of the flats into a cannabis farm, like those chaps the other year

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    And what was the deal here in the end Mr Fitz. Is peace and harmony the order of the day?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I can see where you're coming from, and if it was a one-off or once every few months I'd agree.

All I'm saying is shouty door-slamming neighbours tend to make it a habit. So if a row happens shortly after you or they have just moved in, it's reasonable to assume it will be a regular occurrence, and on that assumption getting the noise abatement officer round at least puts them on notice that their noise hasn't gone unnoticed (which in itself may prompt them to improve their behaviour).
    Or just make it worse?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I'm sorry but he heard a one night barny from his neighbours and you are asking to get the council involved.

You will be banging on about the nanny state next week and will not get the irony.
    I can see where you're coming from, and if it was a one-off or once every few months I'd agree.

All I'm saying is shouty door-slamming neighbours tend to make it a habit. So if a row happens shortly after you or they have just moved in, it's reasonable to assume it will be a regular occurrence, and on that assumption getting the noise abatement officer round at least puts them on notice that their noise hasn't gone unnoticed (which in itself may prompt them to improve their behaviour).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Christ last night my daughter work up at 2am screaming, probably a bad dream, or because it was hot. So my other half went to see her and give her a cuddle.

Well my daughter has started developing a taste for major tantrums and last night had the worst ever. Once placated she was told she couldnt come into bed with us as it was too hot and she had to stay in her bed.

That kicked off a whirling, dervish, violent tantrum(worse ever seen) which saw her kick my wife in the face, through herself around the room and scream and scream and scream. All the windows were open and you can here a conversation outside.

This went on for 20 minutes. The noise around the street would have been horrendous and to be honest a dozen houses would have been able to hear it(didnt think to close all the windows at the time)

We are personally mortified that so many people would be able to hear you're comings & goings. But I dont suppose everyone gives a tulip.

Was it bad for a second night Nick?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Minestrone and Tay - two peas in a pod.

Oh, hang on, Tay said he was in New Zealand - Two peas in an antipod.
    I'm sorry but he heard a one night barny from his neighbours and you are asking to get the council involved.

You will be banging on about the nanny state next week and will not get the irony.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

God rest his black soul.

Makes me glum.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    And with that, when you did get to sleep, did you wet your bed Nick?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    For God's sake, it was 1 night of arguing.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Nobody read those either (tee hee)

Nick if it happens again just complain to the agency. It means they will be in breach of their tenancy. Simples.
    Nick, you should have phoned the council noise abatement thingie straight away, last night while the row was in progress.

It _will_ happen again, and again, and again, and the sooner the eviction process is underway the better. Don't give the antisocial bastards any chances.

Oh, and in the meantime these may help (*), seriously. Pop a one of them in each ear, and you'll snore through Judgement Day.

(*) Foam earplugs are useless. But those Quies ones are wax

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What's this? Did he open up their leterbox every Monday and shout URLs a them?
    Nobody read those either (tee hee)

Nick if it happens again just complain to the agency. It means they will be in breach of their tenancy. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe it is. Drug dealers don't have to live in slums and in fact might want to live away from their clients, not to mention being able to afford it. And loud shouting doesn't imply chavs either.

Nick, do they know about the past torturing, maybe you can scare them off.

edit: Also, did you post about the drug dealers before? And are you happy linking to a story which tells us your address?
    What's this? Did he open up their leterbox every Monday and shout URLs a them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X