• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Neighbours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Neighbours

<Wilmslow mode="Not taking the piss out of Wilmslow, more out of myself, but anything about neighbours is going to be tagged with Wilmslow anyway so I might as well do it up front">

New neighbours downstairs. Since the drug-dealing torturers were taken away and imprisoned, it's been pretty peaceful round here. Sadly the nice young lady who lived downstairs moved out a few weeks ago, and a new couple have moved in this week.

They've spent the entire night - now morning - arguing, rushing back and forth slamming doors, rushing out into the back yard slamming the door, rushing out the front slamming the door, all the while shouting at each other and (on the rare occasions they're in the flat at the same time) banging stuff around and seemingly throwing stuff at each other too

It's not as if this is some jerry-built property with paper-thin walls, floors, and ceilings: it's good solid Edwardian stuff built for well-to-do people, and in the past I've learned that it's almost impossible for the inhabitants of one flat to disturb another. Well, these two are exploring the limits of the architecture. They're slamming (internal) doors so hard that my armchair is reverberating. They're shouting so loudly and so often at each other that I'm wondering why I turned the telly down earlier when the film I was watching had a rather noisy musical few seconds in it. I'm pretty sure that, if they carry on at this rate, there'll be an ambulance and a couple of cop cars outside one of these nights.

No wonder I can't sleep. At least the drug dealers kept a low profile, even if they were evil

P.S. The one who lived immediately beneath me, who "...burned the man's back with an iron and threatened to pull out his teeth, as he demanded to know who was responsible for a drugs robbery... [and] also set the man's hair on fire" was nonetheless a much better neighbour than the gits now immediately beneath me, who are still having occasional episodes of shouting and banging and crashing about as I type

Yes, I know that sounds bad, but when you want to sleep you're better off with a good neighbour who's evil in the next street rather than crap neighbours who save kittens when they're not bellowing at each other right beneath you.

</Wilmslow>

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    <Wilmslow mode="Not taking the piss out of Wilmslow, more out of myself, but anything about neighbours is going to be tagged with Wilmslow anyway so I might as well do it up front">

New neighbours downstairs. Since the drug-dealing torturers were taken away and imprisoned, it's been pretty peaceful round here. Sadly the nice young lady who lived downstairs moved out a few weeks ago, and a new couple have moved in this week.

They've spent the entire night - now morning - arguing, rushing back and forth slamming doors, rushing out into the back yard slamming the door, rushing out the front slamming the door, all the while shouting at each other and (on the rare occasions they're in the flat at the same time) banging stuff around and seemingly throwing stuff at each other too

It's not as if this is some jerry-built property with paper-thin walls, floors, and ceilings: it's good solid Edwardian stuff built for well-to-do people, and in the past I've learned that it's almost impossible for the inhabitants of one flat to disturb another. Well, these two are exploring the limits of the architecture. They're slamming (internal) doors so hard that my armchair is reverberating. They're shouting so loudly and so often at each other that I'm wondering why I turned the telly down earlier when the film I was watching had a rather noisy musical few seconds in it. I'm pretty sure that, if they carry on at this rate, there'll be an ambulance and a couple of cop cars outside one of these nights.

No wonder I can't sleep. At least the drug dealers kept a low profile, even if they were evil

P.S. The one who lived immediately beneath me, who "...burned the man's back with an iron and threatened to pull out his teeth, as he demanded to know who was responsible for a drugs robbery... [and] also set the man's hair on fire" was nonetheless a much better neighbour than the gits now immediately beneath me, who are still having occasional episodes of shouting and banging and crashing about as I type

Yes, I know that sounds bad, but when you want to sleep you're better off with a good neighbour who's evil in the next street rather than crap neighbours who save kittens when they're not bellowing at each other right beneath you.

</Wilmslow>
    My son complains of similar neighbours to you. Last week, they (the neighbours, not the pissed off other occupants of the house) set fire to their room. At least it means they've moved out for a bit. Not that I'm recommending it mind...

Comment

My first question is, how on earth did you sleep through someone being tortured downstairs!!

Anyway. Nothing worse than noisy neighbours through the night. I once had a similar situation at Uni, when stressed to the eyeballs on my final year and having had panic attacks for a short while(only had them then and they're pretty deliberating) I swapped with a mate who had a bedsit(I once used to live like AtW !). He said the neighbours were fiesty.

And so they were, my first night there they had an almighty argument. Lots of banging doors, screaming at each other. It was an early spring evening and there was nothing on telly so I opened the window and listened to the cacophony of insults that floated up, taking notes of some of the more fruity ones. Then there was an almighty sound of smashing pottery followed by silence. Then....

'I cant believe you fcking done that!!' screamed the bloke, followed by some more insults from his GF. Then again ''I cant believe you fcking done that!!' he shouted again. This happened about 5 times before she shouted 'What, what've I fcking done???'

'You've only gone and cut my fkcing thumb off!!!!!' A short while later an ambulance arrived and the bloke came out with a tea towel wrapped around his thumb, covered in blood!!!

They split up shortly after!!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So in reply Nick.

1) Are the people below tenants or do they own their own flat?
        2) Bearing in mind your last lot where drug dealers do you feel you can go and talk to them?
        3) If they tell you to f-off and own their own flat, you can always a) Make a lot of noise in response, b) Council job c) Vallium d) Alcohol e) Threaten to burn him with a hairdryer or if they rent ) a) Drop the agency a line with a complaint.

1st thing is to go and speak with them.
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 26 June 2010, 06:16.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          So in reply Nick.

1) Are the people below tenants or do they own their own flat?
          2) Bearing in mind your last lot where drug dealers do you feel you can go and talk to them?
          3) If they tell you to f-off and own their own flat, you can always a) Make a lot of noise in response, b) Council job c) Vallium d) Alcohol e) Threaten to burn him with a hairdryer or if they rent ) a) Drop the agency a line with a complaint.

1st thing is to go and speak with them.
          Last edited by MarillionFan; Today at 07:16
          Go on MF let us know what bile and vitriol this contained before the edit?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Go on MF let us know what bile and vitriol this contained before the edit?
            None. I changed the bit about the hairdryer.

But if you want a pithy comment.

Nick why don't you offer to rewrite their Internet forum, that seemed to work here!!

(happy now Drewster?)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

</Wilmslow>
              What are you doing living there? Why not buy a place somewhere nice?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Nick likes it in the city. It's "interesting".
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  WHS
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I had a noise war with a neighbour.

She would come in at 3 in the morning with a bunch of friends and get partied up until about 6 with, always, The Fratellis blaring, I would go out running at 7 the next morning for a few hours and leave my B&W floor standers right up next to wall with Puccini blaring.

I can just hear her today..

"I have no idea to this day what them two Italian ladies were singin' about".

I moved out, she had a child out of a relationship and apparently the noise stopped.

Comment

Working...
                    X