• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England-Germany predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
    Gordon Brown could do with some England flags, he is a supporter.
    It's all his fault then.

Hint: try Googling for "Jonah Brown"
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Certainly England Manager supremo - wots-his-name- Cappelo ? Is up 4 million already - no wonder he wants to stay on - at this rate he will soon put into the shade the earnings of Erik the Swede .

PS Have the FA ever considered an English manager for the English team ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        They used to be English Managers who did it for pride and all that.....

Then they decided they needed results so they decided to "Buy Success" by spending out Millions of Pounds on foreign chaps........ and when that failed.... they did it again.....

I don't know much about Football but I thought only 3rd rate, no hope little backwoods countries hired in foreign coaches to try to bring the rudiments to backward hicksville players......

Oh D'oh!

Comment

I did make one mistake in my predictions for this WC - I thought that England were better than Germany. This was based on what I saw last year - but what the Germans cleverly did (and Ballack going out no doubt forced the issue) is that they introduced a handful of young talent from their under 21s who seem to be making all the difference.
          Their no.10 in particular is superb.

For the rest I did say that they (engerland) were a bunch of overpaid chavs and Capello wouldn't make much difference and in that I was proved right.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I did make one mistake in my predictions for this WC - I thought that England were better than Germany. This was based on what I saw last year - but what the Germans cleverly did (and Ballack going out no doubt forced the issue) is that they introduced a handful of young talent from their under 21s who seem to be making all the difference.
            Their no.10 in particular is superb.

For the rest I did say that they (engerland) were a bunch of overpaid chavs and Capello wouldn't make much difference and in that I was proved right.
            Perhaps thats the key - the players arent being paid enough .

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Certainly England Manager supremo - wots-his-name- Cappelo ? Is up 4 million already - no wonder he wants to stay on - at this rate he will soon put into the shade the earnings of Erik the Swede .

I think he's up more than that. He's on £6 million a year, which is why I'll be very surprised if he quits at the imminent press conference and gives up the £12 million he's due for the Euro 2012 campaign.

And they did hire an English manager before Capello. It was even more of a disaster. However he went to have success in Holland and clearly isn't a bad manager. The same could be said for Sven and Capello. The common factor in England's poor performances seem to be the players, or even just the name England hanging like a millstone around their necks.

Comment

Working...
              X