• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    The BBC ticker mentioned an Employers NI break for those setting up small businesses outside The Stinking Hole and The (stinky) South East, but how on earth do they plan to adminsiter and police that?
    ask your accountant.
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

The BBC ticker mentioned an Employers NI break for those setting up small businesses outside The Stinking Hole and The (stinky) South East, but how on earth do they plan to adminsiter and police that?
      Create a quango that costs £10bn a year to oversee it.

Oh no, hang on, Labour are out now aren't they.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        fookin hell, it gets worse - hazel blears is now on the telly...

I would never get tired of stamping on her little weasel face (wearing crampons)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Create a quango that costs £10bn a year to oversee it.

Oh no, hang on, Labour are out now aren't they.
          yes it'll be an 11bn one now

Comment

I would never get tired of stamping on her little weasel face (wearing crampons)
            "There will be no limit on immigration as long as there are fields to build on".

Lend me those crampons when you are finished, I want a shot.

They are totally deluded standing from the side lines shouting they know how to run this country. They should be carried off to the mad house.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              I think the budget was fair enough under the circumstances. The reduction in CT is a plus point. The increase in VAT could mean the FRS works in our favour, but I haven't crunched the numbers.
              There doesn't seem to be any mention of FRS rates in the ful report. I guess they will be annouced closer to the end of the year. I reckon they will go up from 13% to 15% for us IT folk which would mean we'd be £225 worse off for every £100k invoiced.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Harsh (but probably fair).

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  There doesn't seem to be any mention of FRS rates in the ful report. I guess they will be annouced closer to the end of the year. I reckon they will go up from 13% to 15% for us IT folk which would mean we'd be £225 worse off for every £100k invoiced.
                  It mentions it. Rates were published the next day the last time they fiddled with it IIRC

2.91 Rates under the flat rate scheme for small businesses will be increased
                  from 4 January 2011, to reflect this change in the standard rate.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Flat rate for IT contractors up to 14.5% from 13%. So someone billing £100K + VAT will pay make an additional profit per annum of £375, before taking account of any additional input VAT they might pay.

PUMA

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA View Post
                      Flat rate for IT contractors up to 14.5% from 13%. So someone billing £100K + VAT will pay make an additional profit per annum of £375, before taking account of any additional input VAT they might pay.

PUMA
                      Woohoo!! Boomed I tell you!! This would never have happened under Labour

Comment

Working...
                      X