• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you handle a Bassett Hound?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution No 1
    Tabasco and water pistol. Squirt at the dog’s balls.

Solution No 2
    Feed the dog chocolate laxative, after a few days he won’t be welcome on the bed.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

You have a missus ??!!!!??
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        You have a missus ??!!!!??
        Mother Palm and her 5 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Wilmslow will live for ever until I forget the password
          Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gibbon;1154219]
            Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            Her other dog with stomach problems decides to wretch and let one off just as things settled down with the hound, which was a rather damp squid to the night.

QUOTE]

Damp Squib !! squids are always damp until you fry them.
            I have never known anyone construct sentences like Wilmslow, it's almost genius.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              This is a real test of your "Manhood"......

1) Make sure the Totty is somewhere else.... you need to assert yourself without her "interfering"
              2) Stand 3ft in front of the dog and face it....
              3) Get down on your hands and knees....
              4) Make eye contact.....
              5) Growl (and I mean growl as if you mean it!!)

Assuming you have any Bollix the dog will back down....
              Once he has backed down you have been accepted as leader.... Now when it attempts to jump on your bed etc just move in front of it, make eye contact and gently growl.... He should pish off and leave you alone....

Another method is to Mount the dog to prove you are Boss..... I don't favour this method..... I have humped enough "real dogs" in my youth without humping "real dogs"......
              << Placeholder for "I backed down first and became the bassett's bitch, now it won't let me on the bed and I have to sleep in a basket in the kitchen" >>

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                << Placeholder for "I backed down first and became the bassett's bitch, now it won't let me on the bed and I have to sleep in a basket in the kitchen" >>
                Booom-Tish!!
                I'll keep lobbing them for you!

Comment

[QUOTE=MaryPoppins;1154265]
                  Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

I have never known anyone construct sentences like Wilmslow, it's almost genius.
                  Reminiscent of rain man.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Wilmslow, you shouldn't let a dog sit/lie with its head higher than you. Otherwise, instinctively, it starts getting ideas above its station.

It would help if you persuaded the g/f to try and make the dog at least sleep on the bedroom floor. But the chances of training it to do that now are very slim, because she'll probably let it back on the bed when you're not around, and also Basset hounds are notoriously thick and difficult to train at the best of times.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      and also Basset hounds are notoriously thick and difficult to train at the best of times.
                      You can see what drew her towards Wilmslow then.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X