• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thunderstorm!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No nothing here. Muggy as hell. Giving me a splitting headache!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Started raining here now as well, thunder is getting closer too. Dogs just went running out into the garden barking at it.

Biggest storm I've ever seen was last year while we were in Venice. Huge huge thunder storm, went on for a couple of hours with almost continuous flashes and thunder. Very very impressive to look across the lagoon and see the city lit up by the lightening.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Completely passed us by here in numptonshire

Apparently Nottingham way it was quiet impressive.
        You can say that again!
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          You can say that again!
          Serious rain now, very very heavy and lots of thunder.

Son has just lept out of bed and gone racing down the garden path to his car as he had left the sun roof open, came back drenched after 30 secs outside.
          Last edited by DaveB; 6 June 2010, 08:44.

Comment

No still as anything in mid Hampshire. Showing as much life as Suityous brain activity.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Biggest storm I've ever seen was last year while we were in Venice. Huge huge thunder storm, went on for a couple of hours with almost continuous flashes and thunder. Very very impressive to look across the lagoon and see the city lit up by the lightening.
              The best I saw was at night flying to southern Africa. We had to fly around Chad 'cos of the war, and then we had to fly around a huge storm. It was the full on Monty and being being up there in a plane we had a grandstand view.

I witnessed a couple of storms in Paris where it was raining on one side of the street but perfectly dry on the other side. That was impressive in its own right.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Scorching all day yesterday, hot and sunny today. Beautiful blue sky with occasional clouds but not a hint of rain or thunder.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

there's thunder in them thar hills
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    there's thunder in them thar hills
                    Another live lightning map
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Been dry since this morning but getting hotter and more humid as the day went on. Went out on the bike earlier and despite it being overcast with no real sun it was still warm enough to ride in just shorts and shirt. Still got hot and sweaty even so.

Feels like there might be another storm coming....

Comment

Working...
                      X