• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So how much will the family get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phoenix
    If you are 1 out of 20,000,000 with that particular view, and the majority disagree with you, but you still believe things should change your way.....I guess you will be a terrorist!
    Why would you become a terrorist?

Surely if someone disagrees with you you should be man enough to live with it, if you arent then you will get da bash to bring you back in line!

Mailman

Comment

When the police, that is the State, that is WE, do wrong, I for one regret it and want a response.
      I don't recall voting for the Police expat. I believe we would end up with the same shower of flatfooted incompetents regardless of which party we had opted for. How does that make us culpable exactly?

A response appropriate to having done wrong to our victim.
      Let's not forget that if "our victim" were not an illegal alien, he could not possibly have been shot in London though eh? You certainly seem to have an overdeveloped sense of guilt mate, are you perhaps a Lib Dem supporter?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
        I don't recall voting for the Police expat. I believe we would end up with the same shower of flatfooted incompetents regardless of which party we had opted for. How does that make us culpable exactly?

Let's not forget that if "our victim" were not an illegal alien, he could not possibly have been shot in London though eh? You certainly seem to have an overdeveloped sense of guilt mate, are you perhaps a Lib Dem supporter?
        Our state is responsible for its actions. I don't feel personally guilty that they shot an innocent man, rather I feel angry about that, in part since what my country does, it does in my name.

If you don't feel that then you are
        (a) unpatriotic
        (b) a shirker of your duty.

Comment

Just as I thought, an over-developed guilt complex.
          "We" as the Electorate are not responsible for the actions of a rogue element within our Police Force, although do feel free to pull on a hair shirt if it makes you feel better on a personal level expat. As far as I am concerned, this guy was an illegal alien who, to all intents and purposes, was dipping his slimy samba-dependant snout in our trough. His actions are largely to blame for him being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that should be factored fully in when deciding what, if anything, to compensate his family. Nothing whatsoever to do with Patriotism, but whilst we are on the subject of shirking duties, he had a duty to leave this country when he was found to be surplus to requirements and working here illegally. He failed to do so and therefore I would suggest is more to blame for his own untimely demise than the average hardworking taxpayer in this country. YOU fork out for his family if you want expat, but please don't imagine you speak on behalf of me or many others.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The quote was.....

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            What if your 1/20,000,000 th of a say wasn't enough to change the result?
            To which I reply Hard luck! if your 1 voice among 20,000,000...and no one agree's why would you deserve to change the result?

Now do you understand what I was getting at?

Comment

Working...
            X