• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So how much will the family get?"

Collapse

• Phoenix
    replied
    The quote was.....

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
    What if your 1/20,000,000 th of a say wasn't enough to change the result?
    To which I reply Hard luck! if your 1 voice among 20,000,000...and no one agree's why would you deserve to change the result?

Now do you understand what I was getting at?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Just as I thought, an over-developed guilt complex.
    "We" as the Electorate are not responsible for the actions of a rogue element within our Police Force, although do feel free to pull on a hair shirt if it makes you feel better on a personal level expat. As far as I am concerned, this guy was an illegal alien who, to all intents and purposes, was dipping his slimy samba-dependant snout in our trough. His actions are largely to blame for him being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that should be factored fully in when deciding what, if anything, to compensate his family. Nothing whatsoever to do with Patriotism, but whilst we are on the subject of shirking duties, he had a duty to leave this country when he was found to be surplus to requirements and working here illegally. He failed to do so and therefore I would suggest is more to blame for his own untimely demise than the average hardworking taxpayer in this country. YOU fork out for his family if you want expat, but please don't imagine you speak on behalf of me or many others.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    I don't recall voting for the Police expat. I believe we would end up with the same shower of flatfooted incompetents regardless of which party we had opted for. How does that make us culpable exactly?

Let's not forget that if "our victim" were not an illegal alien, he could not possibly have been shot in London though eh? You certainly seem to have an overdeveloped sense of guilt mate, are you perhaps a Lib Dem supporter?
    Our state is responsible for its actions. I don't feel personally guilty that they shot an innocent man, rather I feel angry about that, in part since what my country does, it does in my name.

If you don't feel that then you are
    (a) unpatriotic
    (b) a shirker of your duty.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    When the police, that is the State, that is WE, do wrong, I for one regret it and want a response.
    I don't recall voting for the Police expat. I believe we would end up with the same shower of flatfooted incompetents regardless of which party we had opted for. How does that make us culpable exactly?

A response appropriate to having done wrong to our victim.
    Let's not forget that if "our victim" were not an illegal alien, he could not possibly have been shot in London though eh? You certainly seem to have an overdeveloped sense of guilt mate, are you perhaps a Lib Dem supporter?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    If you are 1 out of 20,000,000 with that particular view, and the majority disagree with you, but you still believe things should change your way.....I guess you will be a terrorist!
    Why would you become a terrorist?

Surely if someone disagrees with you you should be man enough to live with it, if you arent then you will get da bash to bring you back in line!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    If you are 1 out of 20,000,000 with that particular view, and the majority disagree with you, but you still believe things should change your way.....I guess you will be a terrorist!

Oh dear...I've just realised something.....because the majority on this board don't agree with pretty much anything the Goverminent say or do......we must be terrorists !

Right lads and lasses......please report to the nearest Police Station (providing it's open of course) and hand yourselves in for "re-processing".

It's only fair.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    'Tis your Government..You have the oppertunity to use your vote...if you didn't vote.....shutup!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I like the sound of that

I was thinking of the Asylum actually but Parma ham a'la new lie sounds good, I know a Giant Lizard who would enjoy that.

I did vote and we got Conservative here, however like the rest of England our votes didn't count and we ended up with a load of liars from across the border ruling us.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran
    If you won't feel in the least responsible for your government's actions, don't be surprised if it doesn't feel responsible for you.

not my government! frankly I think the lot of them should be either taken to Nuremberg or sectioned.
    'Tis your Government..You have the oppertunity to use your vote...if you didn't vote.....shutup!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran
    If you won't feel in the least responsible for your government's actions, don't be surprised if it doesn't feel responsible for you.

not my government! frankly I think the lot of them should be either taken to Nuremberg or sectioned.
    By sectioned, do you mean thinly sliced and examined under a microscope?

Or do you mean locked in an asylum and supported for the rest of their lives?

I only ask as most UK politicians end up working for the EU anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Not mine

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    I have no problems with compensation being paid...I just dont believe the Menezes should receive more than the 57 families who lost loved ones on the 7th of July.

Thats what the crux of my original post was about, perhaps some of you should actually try and read what I post instead of flying half cocked off the handle

Mailman
    I read it. That's what I was answering. I don't think the amounts should be compared. That's what I said. I didn't say that one amount should be greater than another, I said that they were not to be compared.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    You made one bet, and said you willing to bet yet again:

1) I bet what Menenzes family will get will be a hell of a lot more than all of the 57 families put together from the 7/7 bombings!

2) Im also willing to bet the payments will be made with all haste and wont take anywhere near as long as it did for assistance to get to the survivors of the 7/7 bombings.

Hence, question how much you did bet for #1, and how much you willing to bet for #2?
    I bet the same amount as the value of your contributions to this forum!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Just what problem do you have with one victim's compensation possibly, just possibly, being substantial? Anger at others not doing so well? Grow up.
    I have no problems with compensation being paid...I just dont believe the Menezes should receive more than the 57 families who lost loved ones on the 7th of July.

Thats what the crux of my original post was about, perhaps some of you should actually try and read what I post instead of flying half cocked off the handle

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X