• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So how much will the family get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    Just what problem do you have with one victim's compensation possibly, just possibly, being substantial? Anger at others not doing so well? Grow up.
    I have no problems with compensation being paid...I just dont believe the Menezes should receive more than the 57 families who lost loved ones on the 7th of July.

Thats what the crux of my original post was about, perhaps some of you should actually try and read what I post instead of flying half cocked off the handle

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      You made one bet, and said you willing to bet yet again:

1) I bet what Menenzes family will get will be a hell of a lot more than all of the 57 families put together from the 7/7 bombings!

2) Im also willing to bet the payments will be made with all haste and wont take anywhere near as long as it did for assistance to get to the survivors of the 7/7 bombings.

Hence, question how much you did bet for #1, and how much you willing to bet for #2?
      I bet the same amount as the value of your contributions to this forum!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        I have no problems with compensation being paid...I just dont believe the Menezes should receive more than the 57 families who lost loved ones on the 7th of July.

Thats what the crux of my original post was about, perhaps some of you should actually try and read what I post instead of flying half cocked off the handle

Mailman
        I read it. That's what I was answering. I don't think the amounts should be compared. That's what I said. I didn't say that one amount should be greater than another, I said that they were not to be compared.

Comment

Not mine

If you won't feel in the least responsible for your government's actions, don't be surprised if it doesn't feel responsible for you.

not my government! frankly I think the lot of them should be either taken to Nuremberg or sectioned.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran
            If you won't feel in the least responsible for your government's actions, don't be surprised if it doesn't feel responsible for you.

not my government! frankly I think the lot of them should be either taken to Nuremberg or sectioned.
            By sectioned, do you mean thinly sliced and examined under a microscope?

Or do you mean locked in an asylum and supported for the rest of their lives?

I only ask as most UK politicians end up working for the EU anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran

'Tis your Government..You have the oppertunity to use your vote...if you didn't vote.....shutup!

Comment

I like the sound of that

I was thinking of the Asylum actually but Parma ham a'la new lie sounds good, I know a Giant Lizard who would enjoy that.

I did vote and we got Conservative here, however like the rest of England our votes didn't count and we ended up with a load of liars from across the border ruling us.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                  'Tis your Government..You have the oppertunity to use your vote...if you didn't vote.....shutup!
                  What if your 1/20,000,000 th of a say wasn't enough to change the result?

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
                    What if your 1/20,000,000 th of a say wasn't enough to change the result?

If you are 1 out of 20,000,000 with that particular view, and the majority disagree with you, but you still believe things should change your way.....I guess you will be a terrorist!

Comment

If you are 1 out of 20,000,000 with that particular view, and the majority disagree with you, but you still believe things should change your way.....I guess you will be a terrorist!

Oh dear...I've just realised something.....because the majority on this board don't agree with pretty much anything the Goverminent say or do......we must be terrorists !

Right lads and lasses......please report to the nearest Police Station (providing it's open of course) and hand yourselves in for "re-processing".

It's only fair.
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X