• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cumbrian gunman runs amok

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    From that article:

<sigh> Aren't they always?
    12 dead now

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      12 dead now
      Make that 13 - they weren't counting the gunman.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Make that 13 - they weren't counting the gunman.
        Unlucky for some!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          From that article:

<sigh> Aren't they always?
          Yes, and our neighbours might describe us like that. A very sad story and I guess the line between fantasy and reality just disappeared for him.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Neighbours. Noisy lawnmowers, strimmers, cars parked in our space, grotty kids on skateboards bonking my van, cats crapping in the garden. Just as well they don't sell guns at Sainsbury's or i'd do a few of em.

PS I even had one one them wandering down my garden in his underpants a couple of years back.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What is interesting is where did he get the rifle with scope (was he part of a gun club and don't you have to have an annual psycho analysis if you keep guns in the home). The other thing to ponder is what drives a person to think:- "damn I just killed my colleague / friend during an argument, I'm going to kill myself because I don't want to do time but between now and then I'll go around and take as many random people out as possible !" - that is so sick, just goes to show what a repressed society we are habouring nutters that given the right circumstances commit acts on par with Hitler and the Nazis in the space of a few hours - a sad sign of the times perhaps in our stress laiden society ?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                ... given the right circumstances commit acts on par with Hitler and the Nazis in the space of a few hours - a sad sign of the times perhaps in our stress laiden society ?
                FFS

Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Does anyone know "Why" yet?

Something triggered this and I'd be surprised if the rest of the village didn't have a "guilty little secret"...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Does anyone know "Why" yet?

Something triggered this and I'd be surprised if the rest of the village didn't have a "guilty little secret"...
                    A very early contender was that a couple of other cabbies were winding him up on Tuesday night over him not having a girlfriend, whilst boasting of their own prowess in that department. Apparently he got really angry with them and stormed off, which was most unlike him - although nowhere near as unlike him as coming back the next day and killing loads of people

That bit of the story got dropped from the bulletins quite rapidly once he was loose in the countryside, presumably because it could have prejudiced a trial, and it hasn't been re-introduced to the story because (again, presumably) it might prejudice the outcome of the inquiry that will have to be held.

EDIT: Ah, now the BBC are suggesting a family row as well as cabbie stuff. Apparently he shot his brother and the family solicitor before he really got started
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 3 June 2010, 05:17.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      A very early contender was that a couple of other cabbies were winding him up on Tuesday night over him not having a girlfriend, whilst boasting of their own prowess in that department. Apparently he got really angry with them and stormed off, which was most unlike him - although nowhere near as unlike him as coming back the next day and killing loads of people

That bit of the story got dropped from the bulletins quite rapidly once he was loose in the countryside, presumably because it could have prejudiced a trial, and it hasn't been re-introduced to the story because (again, presumably) it might prejudice the outcome of the inquiry that will have to be held.

EDIT: Ah, now the BBC are suggesting a family row as well as cabbie stuff. Apparently he shot his brother and the family solicitor before he really got started
                      Looks like he was bequeathed the guns by his father. I wonder if Mr Bird Jnr had a FAC...

Comment

Working...
                      X