• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cumbrian gunman runs amok

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A very early contender was that a couple of other cabbies were winding him up on Tuesday night over him not having a girlfriend, whilst boasting of their own prowess in that department. Apparently he got really angry with them and stormed off, which was most unlike him - although nowhere near as unlike him as coming back the next day and killing loads of people

That bit of the story got dropped from the bulletins quite rapidly once he was loose in the countryside, presumably because it could have prejudiced a trial, and it hasn't been re-introduced to the story because (again, presumably) it might prejudice the outcome of the inquiry that will have to be held.

EDIT: Ah, now the BBC are suggesting a family row as well as cabbie stuff. Apparently he shot his brother and the family solicitor before he really got started
    My guess is his mother threatened to cut him out of her will if he didn't get hitched (again). That and the difficulty of finding a lady, at his age and the rural location, and the mick taking from his mates, was the last straw.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      My guess is his mother threatened to cut him out of her will if he didn't get hitched (again). That and the difficulty of finding a lady, at his age and the rural location, and the mick taking from his mates, was the last straw.
      Note to self. Avoid taking the mick out Sasguru about being old and single.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Note to self. Avoid taking the mick out Sasguru about being old, single and simple.
        ftfy.

Comment

Looking at the news, the cabbies behind Bill don't look that busy...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Note to self. Avoid taking the mick out Sasguru about being old and single.
            But you could hardly describe Sas as "quiet, and keeps himself to himself"

(however much you might wish you could)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A "sudden snapped" hypothesis needs to explain away his large guns with monster telescopic scopes ownership. He had presumably owned these for some time and had been nutter potential for some time. What sane person would want to own something so clearly designed for killing so effectively?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                A "sudden snapped" hypothesis needs to explain away his large guns with monster telescopic scopes ownership. He had presumably owned these for some time and had been nutter potential for some time. What sane person would want to own something so clearly designed for killing so effectively?
                A .22 rifle and a shotgun?

.22s are used legitimately for rabbiting & other hunting pursuits. As are shot guns.

Having a massive scope on a .22 does kind of take the sport out of it, but if you have a rabbit killing need they are quite useful.

A .22 is not really designed for killing people.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  A .22 rifle and a shotgun?

.22s are used legitimately for rabbiting & other hunting pursuits. As are shot guns.

Having a massive scope on a .22 does kind of take the sport out of it, but if you have a rabbit killing need they are quite useful.

A .22 is not really designed for killing people.
                  An eye witness said on the news yesterday that the gun looked too big and heavy for him to carry properly and that the scope was huge. Not that eye witnesses make very good, err, witnesses.

As for someone who takes pleasure in hunting and killing, they are nutter material IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    AtW?

Me?

The less said about AtW the better. Although a picture can paint a thousand words

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      An eye witness said on the news yesterday that the gun looked too big and heavy for him to carry properly and that the scope was huge. Not that eye witnesses make very good, err, witnesses.

As for someone who takes pleasure in hunting and killing, they are nutter material IMO.
                      Hey! I used to go shooting and I'm not a nutter.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X