• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone bought an Ipad yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The BBC have bought one with tax payers money and given it to Jake Humphries to parade on the F1 show I see.

I notice he was still reading viewers emails off his phone though.
    There was one on the Jonathan Ross show too. They cooked bacon on it, literally.

Comment

I haven't bought an iPod yet (still waiting for the price to come down), or a sat nav.

Comment

Can you still get cars with manual advance and retard on the ignition?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Can you still get cars with manual advance and retard on the ignition?
          Yes as an after market performance extra. Most cars, as stock, have the auto advance set up to give smooth idling when cold and benefit from having it moved when warm. Newer ignition systems manage this on their own. And top performance engines are warmed up externally prior to being started.

There are motorbikes still manufactured that have it, all be it they are deliberately primitive models going for a particular market.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Had a look at one this weekend. Nice anything but can't see much utility for me. Would be nice for sofa surfing but that's all. Can't justify the price.

I'll pass... but having said that was never bothered about Ipods until I got an ipod touch for free. Absolutely love the thing and would shell out for a replacement in an instant if it broke... but ipad isn't really in the same league of usefulness.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              It'll never happen. Flash is hungry for cycles and drains the power,
              I'm a grown up. He can put a big sticker on the front when I buy it saying using Flash will halve my battery life. Then everybody's happy. I hate the whole Steve Jobs control freak thing.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                The BBC have bought one with tax payers money and given it to Jake Humphries to parade on the F1 show I see.
                How do you know he didn't buy it himself? <clarkson>Besides £500 is hardly a lot compared to flying him around the world or paying £millions for the F1 licensing. Just think how many baby life support machines they could buy with that...</clarkson>
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Flash was never designed for streaming video or games.
                  So what? HTML wasn't designed for all that AJAX stuff... but in real life that's how it is.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Waiting for the next iteration of the iphone though - that is going to kick ass!
                    Should be released in a week or so. Very much looking forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                      Should be released in a week or so. Very much looking forward to that.
                      Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
                      This Is Apple's Next iPhone
                      So regular SIM cards presumably won't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X