• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone bought an Ipad yet?"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Sorry, who are you?
    He's a disciple of the i. With poor grammar. Which is embarrassing when you're making a post about embarrassments to contracting...

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
    Oh all these IT contractors moaning about how its sooooo expensive, awww can't you afford it?....babies!!

Its an excellent fun entertainment toy for the train,plane,poolside with a 10 hour battery...stop pissing and moaning and go and buy two.

Your all an embarrassment to contracting.
    Sorry, who are you?

Leave a comment:

• dspsyssts
    replied
    Oh all these IT contractors moaning about how its sooooo expensive, awww can't you afford it?....babies!!

Its an excellent fun entertainment toy for the train,plane,poolside with a 10 hour battery...stop pissing and moaning and go and buy two.

Your all an embarrassment to contracting.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Is it? Or is it just a product like every other product out there that has good and bad points? I think, surprise surprise, apple make some of the best products out there, that's why the selling... if they were flash included they not sell as much because who would want a crap product the battery gives in 10 minutes later
    My laptop runs Flash, the battery doesn't give in 10 minutes later. I can install what I want to on my laptop, not just apps that Steve has approved.

Much as I love my iPhone, the restrictions Apple place upon it have pretty much persuaded me I'm not going to be buying from them again.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    But the blog post was written by someone who speaks English
    Gosh that google translate is getting good.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    But the blog post was written by someone who speaks English

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Oi! ATW!

Even Alexei is getting in on the act...

Win an iPad for showing what Majestic SEO can do

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Gosh, did you think that up on yourself or was it the bar-tender yer fat twat?

BTW my chimney will be cleaned on Monday, and so will the neighbours. (Yes, my bar tender gave me one that as a retort, I don't think it works)
    Don't you pick on my mucker Churchy! You're Fiesty today threaded. Lost weight?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Every car Threaded drives has a retard in it.
    Gosh, did you think that up on yourself or was it the bar-tender yer fat twat?

BTW my chimney will be cleaned on Monday, and so will the neighbours. (Yes, my bar tender gave me one that as a retort, I don't think it works)

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes as an after market performance extra. Most cars, as stock, have the auto advance set up to give smooth idling when cold and benefit from having it moved when warm. Newer ignition systems manage this on their own. And top performance engines are warmed up externally prior to being started.

There are motorbikes still manufactured that have it, all be it they are deliberately primitive models going for a particular market.
    Every car Threaded drives has a retard in it.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    The BBC have been given some product placement units by Apple and given it to Jake Humphries to parade on the F1 show I see.

I notice he was still reading viewers emails off his phone though.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    ASUS Tablet PC: ASUS Eee PC T91 | ASUS Eee PC T101H | ASUS Eee Pad

USB, flash, webcam and windows 7

everything you need

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    There you go, an opinion from someone who's actually used one for more than 10 minutes. An informed opinion on CUK. Well I never!
    Ere, we baint git noe neeed fur ees 'infarmed opinion" round 'is way. Bee ooorf wi' ye.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Got one on Friday. I'm giving it two months as a test and if it doesn't pass muster I'll sell it on.

Got it primarily as an e-reader. iBooks and the Kindle app are nice, each have their own foibles. Check out the iLonge.com review for an excellent in-depth look at each app.

It's good for sofa surfing. Flash personally doesn't bother me as I have FlashBlock on all my PCs anyway.

It is heavier than you'd think but it's comparable to the weight of a hardback book. If any one has read Stephen King's Under The Dome (or It, or The Stand) you'll know what I mean. It's easier to read in bed than a large hardback. The screen is a tad too reflective as a book reader so an anti glare cover is probably a worthy investment. The upside to that is videos, photos etc look good on it.

Epub books can be found if you know where to look so depending on your moral outrage you could possible save the price of a few hardbacks there.

Sci Fi Now magazine is coming out with an iPad version so I'll install that when the next issue is out. GoodReader for PDFs is excellent. It's great having all my technical manuals on one device rather than massive textbooks. If you seach the Google you'll also find PDF Playboys which is good for "testing" PDF support.

Lifechangin, no. Expensive, yes. Just good enough to have one? I'll tell you in a couple of months.

There you go, an opinion from someone who's actually used one for more than 10 minutes. An informed opinion on CUK. Well I never!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    How very dare you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X