• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rendition flights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Highway
    Seems fair to me. After all, they're the bad guys.
    Are you okay with westerners beheaded on camera?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Are you okay with westerners beheaded on camera?
      War is hell, man, war is hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
        Although torture might get some information out, much of the information is unreliable, as victims tend to say what the torturer wants to hear. .

If this were true torture would have died out years ago, its simple, if something works it continues if it doesn't it dies out/stops the rest is subjective b0ll0cks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          I don't mind genocide so long as its applied exclusively to people who advocate it. In your case I'd agree to some torture first.

Dead or should be dead people just don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
            If this were true torture would have died out years ago, its simple, if something works it continues if it doesn't it dies out/stops the rest is subjective b0ll0cks!
            Not so. Torture will continue as long as someone THINKS it is effective.

Originally posted by ATW
            And who decides on guilt - secret military tribunals who examine classified evidence that even the accuted can't look at?
            We know that the Americans never get their intelligence wrong don't we?

They say that power tends to corrupt ...

The problem I have with Guano Bay is this. America agents have been told that they can arrest and torture people if they consider them a security threat. There is no independent watchdog. There is no independent defence council. There are no jurers. There is no comeback if they make a mistake.

If they find someone is Al Qaida, they get a big pat on the back. If they torture and/or kill an innocent, there is no retribution. So they might as well torture and/or kill as many people as they can, in the hope that 1 in 10 will be a genuine terrorist, and hence they will get lots of pats on the back.

Fungus

Comment

Working...
            X