• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPhone eighth most important invention - is it ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a load of @£$£@ $

Where is the steam engine? Still in use today to allow me to type this message?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      What a load of @£$£@ $

In the power station converting heat to electricity by the medium of steam
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        In the power station converting heat to electricity by the medium of steam
        Hard to believe, but yes - today we call it a steam turbine
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Also, Beckham is apparently one of England's three greatest players in history.

Comment

It just goes to show, if you ask people what they think is the most important artefact in the world, 95% of them will just think of whatever they last used.

I hope those who got the flush toilet into ninth place washed their hands before using their touchscreen devices

Comment

No room on the list for a plough.

Or the printing press.

Comment

All you need to know about the intelligence level of the correspondents is that they cannot use a dictionary, since they think the iPhone is an invention. It isn't. It's a progression of a kind of invention. Personally, I have doubts about whether the mobile phone itself is an invention, being in essence another progression from wireless phones.

Comment

Ibuprofen, Hair Straighteners and "Desks" - WTF.

Comment

Cant be bothered to look at the list, but hopefully bling bling ear rings, trainers and tracksuit bottoms are also on the list ?

Oh and Tesco value lager too.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      What a load of @£$£@ $

I thought the PSUs on Macs were a lot better these days ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X