• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    It's funny how people are such creatures of routine & how some people really take this to an extreme. I'm thinking of people who stand in EXACTLY the same spot on the station platform EVERY day. Well, I've started playing a little game; I get to the station about 5 minutes early and make sure I get to stand in the precise spot that one of the aforementioned people would have stood. They never say anything or do anything but the feeling of ill will towards me that they give off is almost palpable!
    < Dr Phil mode>

You really need to look at why you get a kick out of making people feel bad, usually you feel bad about yourself. Either way get some help.

BTW venting on here may make you feel better for a short time, but over time you will get more extreem and get Banned.

< /Dr Phil mode>
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Hmmmm, chicks.....

Definitely puts you in a certain demographic.
      I concur. It's the "not a pig ugly virgin trainspotter" demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I concur. It's the "not a pig ugly virgin trainspotter" demographic.
        FYO I'm not a trainspotter. Nor either of the other things.

Comment

FYO I'm not a trainspotter. Nor either of the other things.
          Are you Egyptian?

Comment

Well folks, a fairly uneventful journey this morning but as the twin Maycbachs fired up and we pulled out of WSM I was reminded of something i'd like to share:

"the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well pressed shirt"

Link

Those guys are NUTTERS!

Comment

Morning all. Got so heavily shoulder charged this morning that my coffee went all over my tousers. Got to spend the whole day now looking like I've lost control!

Comment

Morning all. Got so heavily shoulder charged this morning that my coffee went all over my tousers. Got to spend the whole day now looking like I've lost control!
                So, no change there then
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Well folks, a fairly uneventful journey this morning but as the twin Maycbachs fired up and we pulled out of WSM I was reminded of something i'd like to share:

"the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well pressed shirt"

Link

Those guys are NUTTERS!
                  When I were younger a gaggle of us used to take bizarre stuff, like bread delivery pallets, out somewhere, up top of a big hill for example, and send the photo to "That's Life!", occasionally they'd show them.

Which was nice.

We took a canoe round The Three Peaks telling people we'd got the race confused with The Three Peaks.

I stick to doing it on a bicycle now.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I'm thinking of people who stand in EXACTLY the same spot on the station platform EVERY day. Well, I've started playing a little game; I get to the station about 5 minutes early and make sure I get to stand in the precise spot that one of the aforementioned people would have stood.
                    That actually sounds fun. People often have 'their' parking spot at work too, picking a random spot every day helps keep 'em on their toes.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

One the train this morning I had a coffee brought to me and was tempted by the offer of a bacon sarnie.

The simple pleasures of first class...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X