• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's going to be a Labour / Liberal Pact!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Panic over. Looks like a Tory/Lib Dem coalition after all.
    I wager you're right. But how long such a pact would last is another question.

Perhaps just long enough for the public to go of it, and for Labour to regroup, elect a new leader and get back into office?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Perhaps just long enough for the public to go of it, and for Labour to regroup, elect a new leader and get back into office?
      Well let's hope so. It took them 18 years last time.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Well let's hope so. It took them 18 years last time.
        Except Lib-Con != Con

18 months (never mind years) might be a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Remember I used to work at Parliament.

Word on the street from one of my ex-muckers who is a senior Civil servant that there has just been an almighty expletive from behind 'a very senior tory's' door next to his office.

Watch for it on the news in the next 30 minutes!
          No it's not. Liberals by forcing Brown to resign now have more power at the neg. table...

Comment

It's my belief that Brown going is a clear indication that it'll be a Lib-Lab coalition.

Which I think is the best result for the country and the Tories, since it won't last long and then there'll be another decisive General Election once the public have seen the mess that the Lib-Lab coalition will cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              It's my belief that Brown going is a clear indication that it'll be a Lib-Lab coalition.

Which I think is the best result for the country and the Tories, since it won't last long and then there'll be another decisive General Election once the public have seen the mess that the Lib-Lab coalition will cause.
              What my duck-billed friend says.

Comment

The liberal democrats have a hard job selling any deal to their party membership, which they need to do. Unless Clegg gets 75% support from MPs and the ruling executive, it goes to the party. Many won't want a deal with Tories without full PR. Many won't want a deal with Labour.

I'm betting on a Tory minority government without a formal deal in place. Election this time next year, as Cameron will argue he can't govern effectively, but will still have post election bump and before Labour can regroup.
                If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
                  The liberal democrats have a hard job selling any deal to their party membership, which they need to do. Unless Clegg gets 75% support from MPs and the ruling executive, it goes to the party. Many won't want a deal with Tories without full PR. Many won't want a deal with Labour.

I'm betting on a Tory minority government without a formal deal in place. Election this time next year, as Cameron will argue he can't govern effectively, but will still have post election bump and before Labour can regroup.
                  Labour would have to sell a deal to the unions.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Labour would have to sell a deal to the unions.
                    Who probably won't give a tulip so long as they still have their stooge in place.

What a tragic mess this whole thing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Who probably won't give a tulip so long as they still have their stooge in place.

What a tragic mess this whole thing is.

They will give a tulip; they’ll want to bend the scrooge over and shaft him by demanding pay deals and no-redundancy deals for civil servants. Basically they’ll hold the country to ransom to get what they want. Have they ever done anything else?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X