• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hummus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I recommend another variation on the homous theme. If you replace the chickpeas with aubergines (ISTR they are melanzana in Italy and Beranjena in Spain) and sometimes they are called egg plant in other locations. Well if you replcae this vegetable or these vegetables with this aubergines cooked on a berbecue to imbue a smoky flavour you have the traditional Baba Ganoush. Is asame as houmous but with chickpeas replaced by these aforementioned vegetables cooked on a berbecue or maybe a grill. I believe this dish is allso know as moutabel in some of the gulf states.

Comment

Originally posted by Swati View Post
      May I recommend another variation on the homous theme. If you replace the chickpeas with aubergines (ISTR they are melanzana in Italy and Beranjena in Spain) and sometimes they are called egg plant in other locations. Well if you replcae this vegetable or these vegetables with this aubergines cooked on a berbecue to imbue a smoky flavour you have the traditional Baba Ganoush. Is asame as houmous but with chickpeas replaced by these aforementioned vegetables cooked on a berbecue or maybe a grill. I believe this dish is allso know as moutabel in some of the gulf states.
      Washed down with some fizzy bobbeler? Yum.

Schmell it, schmell it, now take it.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Washed down with some fizzy bobbeler? Yum.

Schmell it, schmell it, now take it.
        Hey, you no mess with the Zohan!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Hey, you no mess with the Zohan!
          You fagoler?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            You fagoler?
            I like hair. It's pleasant, it's peaceful. Nobody gets hurt.
            Last edited by Churchill; 28 April 2010, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Swati View Post
              Been watching Masterchef? I saw it done on there & tried it out a couple of weeks back. Damn good it was too & as you say, berbecuing the aubergines does impart a wonderful smokey flavour. This is the recipe I followed:

Link

Comment

Working...
              X