• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hummus

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hummus"

Collapse

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Swati View Post
    May I recommend another variation on the homous theme. If you replace the chickpeas with aubergines (ISTR they are melanzana in Italy and Beranjena in Spain) and sometimes they are called egg plant in other locations. Well if you replcae this vegetable or these vegetables with this aubergines cooked on a berbecue to imbue a smoky flavour you have the traditional Baba Ganoush. Is asame as houmous but with chickpeas replaced by these aforementioned vegetables cooked on a berbecue or maybe a grill. I believe this dish is allso know as moutabel in some of the gulf states.
    Been watching Masterchef? I saw it done on there & tried it out a couple of weeks back. Damn good it was too & as you say, berbecuing the aubergines does impart a wonderful smokey flavour. This is the recipe I followed:

Link

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You fagoler?
    I like hair. It's pleasant, it's peaceful. Nobody gets hurt.
    Last edited by Churchill; 28 April 2010, 12:59.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Hey, you no mess with the Zohan!
    You fagoler?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Washed down with some fizzy bobbeler? Yum.

Schmell it, schmell it, now take it.
    Hey, you no mess with the Zohan!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Swati View Post
    May I recommend another variation on the homous theme. If you replace the chickpeas with aubergines (ISTR they are melanzana in Italy and Beranjena in Spain) and sometimes they are called egg plant in other locations. Well if you replcae this vegetable or these vegetables with this aubergines cooked on a berbecue to imbue a smoky flavour you have the traditional Baba Ganoush. Is asame as houmous but with chickpeas replaced by these aforementioned vegetables cooked on a berbecue or maybe a grill. I believe this dish is allso know as moutabel in some of the gulf states.
    Washed down with some fizzy bobbeler? Yum.

Schmell it, schmell it, now take it.

Leave a comment:

• Swati
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bingobob
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Now that I can get tahini paste easily I tend to make it more often than I buy from the supermarket.

Try variations like adding olives, peppers, chilli or anything you might like.
    I find that extra hot lime pickle is good in home made hummus.

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    Hummus is for girls...eat steak man!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Result then?
    Always

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    and irked MF

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    You can prepare any dish that you buy in the supermarket at home.

What is the point of this thread.

I got some advice on hummus, and irked you. Job done

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post

Well, somebody is reading it. Therefore, we exist.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    You can prepare any dish that you buy in the supermarket at home.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Can't you make your own Tahini? I thought it was just mashed sesame seeds?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X