• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Got my HTC Desire for free on a £30 per month with Orange so not that expensive.
    Which is basically what I'm getting, my current gig needs an awful lot of phone work as the teams are very widely distributed and everyone lists mobile numbers. Plus I can do some of the work from home and I'll be travelling a fair bit.

It's my first contract phone in years as I've not needed one in about a decade and PAYG with about £30 a quarter in topups was fine.

The contract has enough mobile-mobile minutes and unlimited landline calls to cover what I anticipate I'll use plus I got some mobile internet lobbed in there too, the Tarrifs for less cash wouldn't have covered what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Nokia N900

Best phone I've ever had. Don't need my netbook anymore when travelling.
      I have an N900 and it's the dogs fandago's for me as well. Very happy with it indeed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Blackberry all the way

Bold 9700 is amazing. Anybody tried the BB Messenger? Awesome

Comment

Well E72 is the way I went. The clincher was that I wanted some battery life which is the main reason I'm replacing my current phone (oh and the fascia falls off).

Like the idea of the androids but I'm just not an apps kind of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Blackberry all the way

Bold 9700 is amazing. Anybody tried the BB Messenger? Awesome
            But the Blackberry's main trick is to be constantly connected to corporate email systems so employers can keep their slaves working no mater where they are... not for me.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X