• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Phone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phone"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Blackberry all the way

Bold 9700 is amazing. Anybody tried the BB Messenger? Awesome
    But the Blackberry's main trick is to be constantly connected to corporate email systems so employers can keep their slaves working no mater where they are... not for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Well E72 is the way I went. The clincher was that I wanted some battery life which is the main reason I'm replacing my current phone (oh and the fascia falls off).

Like the idea of the androids but I'm just not an apps kind of guy.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Blackberry all the way

Bold 9700 is amazing. Anybody tried the BB Messenger? Awesome

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Nokia N900

Best phone I've ever had. Don't need my netbook anymore when travelling.
    I have an N900 and it's the dogs fandago's for me as well. Very happy with it indeed.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Got my HTC Desire for free on a £30 per month with Orange so not that expensive.
    Which is basically what I'm getting, my current gig needs an awful lot of phone work as the teams are very widely distributed and everyone lists mobile numbers. Plus I can do some of the work from home and I'll be travelling a fair bit.

It's my first contract phone in years as I've not needed one in about a decade and PAYG with about £30 a quarter in topups was fine.

The contract has enough mobile-mobile minutes and unlimited landline calls to cover what I anticipate I'll use plus I got some mobile internet lobbed in there too, the Tarrifs for less cash wouldn't have covered what I need.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Got my HTC Desire for free on a £30 per month with Orange so not that expensive.
    I was looking yesterday, O2, Orange and Vodaphone all had £25 tariffs.

With the cash backs and other incentives some worked out at around £21.

HTC Desire deals on contract - Orange, Vodafone, Tmobile, O2 offers UK

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Aye. That's the reason I'm not interested in an Android. Nice phones I'm sure but expensive. I can get the e72 on contract for no more than I am paying now (£25)

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Aye. That's the reason I'm not interested in an Android. Nice phones I'm sure but expensive. I can get the e72 on contract for no more than I am paying now (£25)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm amazed at how much people are willing to spend on phones and phone tarrifs. I took a quick look around the apple store yesterday and the stuff on offer was very nice. But with an iPod costing £200-£300 and and tariffs up to £65/month - £800/year for phone & mobile internet + hardware I'll stick with my 5 or 10 year old PAYG £20 Nockia that I hardly use.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Here you go

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Going for an HTC Desire which should show up on Monday.

No idea if I'll like it, I've never gone for one of the smart phones before so it might end up going back if I can't get on with it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Nokia N900

Best phone I've ever had. Don't need my netbook anymore when travelling.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The HTC android phones are top quality, I have a Hero.

Used HTCs for about 5 years and the quality is always good.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Right under your nose.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...re-review.html

HTC Desire vs HTC Legend The consensus is the Desire is slightly more powerful with a better screen but the Legend is bloody gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    started a topic Phone

Phone

My current phone is days away from falling apart so I'm looking for a replacement. Currently have E51.

Looking at E72. Anyone else got any other suggestions. Not interested in the iphone and must have pretty good use as a modem for the laptop.

Only thing putting me off the e72 is the old old operating system on it.

Working...
X