• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voting Conservative will cause your house's value to collapse...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not voting for them unless they promise a 50% reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      My house is worth more -> I feel rich -> I love the (labour) government
      It's called the wealth effect. It has been the main means by which the Labour government has kept itself in power all these years.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        So City economists are lefty morons?

Even by your own woeful standards of analysis, that was a spectacularly stupid statement.

HTH
        Agreed. All these arguments with no basis whatsoever just to promote your unproven political choice sucks balls. This blind fanatasicm is very disappointing.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          No, the headline "Voting Tory will make property prices crash" is the leftie moronic newspaper's analysis of a city analyst stating that property prices based on 7 times income due to zero interest rates and an infinite number of public sector non-jobs created by Labour.
          Or it could be based on the words you quoted: "RAB Capital, a City hedge fund manager, said investors in residential property must expect significant house price falls if the Conservatives win the election..."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

No, the headline "Voting Tory will make property prices crash" is the leftie moronic newspaper's analysis of a city analyst stating that property prices based on 7 times income due to zero interest rates and an infinite number of public sector non-jobs created by Labour.
            WHS (in so many words)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

That will have everyone under 30 voting tory then, excellent

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                It's called the wealth effect. It has been the main means by which the Labour government has kept itself in power all these years.
                Oh right. As opposed to non-Labour governments, which are well known for not supporting high house prices. Right.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  About time it crashed properly. Please explain to me why high house prices are good?
                  Because they weren't so high when you bought it. So yuo can take out extra mortgage cash and go on a cruise.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X