• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you wear to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No, the outfit merely enhances the impression one gets after a few minutes in your company.

HTH

See - if you get to the point quickly, even you can be funny
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Pinstripe slim fit suit with blue open neck shirt .... I hate open neck shirts... much rather be wearing a tie but won't be the only one in the office doing it.

To be fair to SAS I don't have an issue with dressing smart to the office. I am always in a slim fit suit, most of my shirts have french cuffs and I treat myself to a Thomas Pink shirt once inawhile to look smart. While contracting I always treat the guys here as my customers and try to keep up appearances without standing out like a wide boy. As much as people laugh at it I believe power dressing still has it's place in business, particularly in management/political roles.

Looking like a complete wideboy w*nker in an office full of over worked unhappy perms is still a bit dumb though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This (SFW)
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Gingham dress and comfortable shoes.

Mordac
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was 'smart casual' according to the agent at kick off two weeks ago. From the suit it gone down hill rapidly. There are of course limits, but I hate knackering good kit at client co.

Comment

black trousers, blue open neck shirt

Comment

Have gradually from smart trousers and shirt (no tie) and smart shoes to scruffy trousers, old t-shirt and walking boots. Next stop Slanket and then birthday suit.

Comment

Trouser or skirt suits.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Trouser or skirt suits.
                    Coooooooor! Nothing better than ladies in suits IMO. Must be much easier than trying to match outfits every day and looks very smart and professional.

I have thing for ladies shirts and wearing cufflinks as well. Not sure why but always seems to give an air of assertiveness and competency... either that or it just gets me off... one of the two.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Coooooooor! Nothing better than ladies in suits IMO. Must be much easier than trying to match outfits every day and looks very smart and professional.
                      Yes there is. Stocking and suspenders.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I have thing for women wearing mens clothes. Not sure why but always seems to give an air of assertiveness and competency... either that or it just gets me off... one of the two.
                      FTFY.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X