• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's going on with the flights ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch minister of transport says flights can resume at 8am tomorrow.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I planned to do some work while I was away, never miss too many billing days. I am just thinking how much stuff to bring with me, hurts my head trying to work out how much underware I might need
      Buy smaller pants.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Buy smaller pants.

HTH
        28 inch instead of 38?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          28 inch instead of 38?

The problen is not the bottoms it's the top, they a quite big and take up a lot of space.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            That's interesting...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8628878.stm

A number of airlines, including BA, say they have carried out test flights within restricted zones with no obvious damage to aircraft.
            If BA are so confident that it is safe to fly, I would suggest they run some flights with their staff on board - how about the staff who went on strike recently?

Comment

is this how it's gonna be....

'All of the upper airspace over southern Sweden is now open, making it possible to fly from the south on high altitude, over the ash cloud, and then go down into the fully open airspace. Now Karlstad Airport has opened for traffic as well.

Already during Sunday evening, the Swedish air space opened for air traffic in large parts of northern Sweden.

The forecast for Monday night is that the airspace over Gothenburg may be closed - which would stop air traffic to and from Gothenburg Landvetter Airport.'

it's the John Major wait and see....

how is this gonna work on a longer term basis ?

Back to the cars folks :-)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

The problen is not the bottoms it's the top, they a quite big and take up a lot of space.
                Are you saying what I think you're saying

Comment

From NATS

The volcanic eruption has reduced and the volcano is not currently emitting ash to altitudes that will affect the UK. Assuming there are no further significant ash emissions we are now looking at a continuously improving situation.

Based on the latest information from the Met Office, NATS advises that the restrictions currently in place across UK controlled airspace will remain in place until 0700 (local time) tomorrow, Tuesday.

From 0700 (local time) tomorrow, Tuesday, Scottish airspace will be open, and south to a line between Teesside and Blackpool. Mainland Scottish airports will be open.

Comment

Fingers crossed...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      is this how it's gonna be....

'All of the upper airspace over southern Sweden is now open, making it possible to fly from the south on high altitude, over the ash cloud, and then go down into the fully open airspace. Now Karlstad Airport has opened for traffic as well.

Already during Sunday evening, the Swedish air space opened for air traffic in large parts of northern Sweden.

The forecast for Monday night is that the airspace over Gothenburg may be closed - which would stop air traffic to and from Gothenburg Landvetter Airport.'

it's the John Major wait and see....

how is this gonna work on a longer term basis ?

Back to the cars folks :-)

Milan.
                      I thought the ash cloud was 11km high? Do you mean that they'll fly around Iceland and on to North America.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X