• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's going on with the flights ?"

Collapse

• MonzaMike
    replied
    all open from 10 tonight

..guess BA had some inside knowledge to have 12 planes already on their way to Heathrow..

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Flights are now delayed until Thursday.
    Gordon has made it so.

The longer he can keep all those voters out of the country the better.

Expect the Royal Navy ships to arrive home via the Antipodes on May 7.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    It might be the Daily Mail but the title made me grin

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Don't know if this link has been posted already, but it's quite cool - you can click on the little planes to see where they're going from/to. Seem to be a lot of planes up there - including some flying right over Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    So ignore me, the Radio 2 news at 6pm must have just been a blip...

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Well that's what the BBC have just said but the NATS site still says Wednesday...
    "0100 BST on Wednesday" according to BBC ?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8632930.stm

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Well that's what the BBC have just said but the NATS site still says Wednesday...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    flights to my work started yesterday evening and ran this morning, but my flight this afternoon is cancelled.

A colleague is up there and mean't to fly back last friday and has now been told the earliest he can leave will be Saturday, ouch that's costing

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    No contrails in the sky above me yet this morning.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Flight cancelled yesterday, a nice lie in followed by some techy gadget shopping and a nice evening in with gf chef.

today, train to client co. arrive midday.. very relaxing, table & decent wi-fi and buffet car

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    Then just bring both pairs.
    Or just "Go Commando".

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    I planned to do some work while I was away, never miss too many billing days. I am just thinking how much stuff to bring with me, hurts my head trying to work out how much underware I might need
    Then just bring both pairs.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    False alarm. Hekla hasn't gone bang.

My flight for tomorrow has been cancelled. Now to work out how to get a refund from edreams.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    flights are running again for me,

tomorrow's equivalent flight today has flown, looks like I'll be ok tomorrow

hope I can get back too :-)

Milan.
    Reports are coming in that the bigger, uglier sister has started to blow as well...

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What are the odds of landing an unpowered aircraft, given enough height to reach an airport? Perhaps passenger jet pilots should be experienced glider pilots. Ones that only need one attempt at a landing.

I gather flaps don't work in dead-stick mode because there's not enough power to operate them without the engines running. So it would be a fast landing.
    Like this one... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transat_Flight_236

Middle of the Atlantic - out of fuel - 70 miles out from a small island....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X