• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OFFICIAL Debate #1 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Hmm, it sounded like miles, but I could be wrong. 25 minutes wouldn't be very dramatic though would it?
    I wasn't really listening - he may have said miles, I don't know.

25 minutes when you're having a heart attack is quite a lot, though.

Having done the journey in an ambulance, I'd rather have been getting treatment, it must be said.
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

I'm interested to hear more about Clegg's savings in Westminster on 'paperclips and pot plants'. Is this another scandal we didn't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Ha ha, all rush to shake hands with the plebs.
        Not quite - Cameron tried to stop Clegg getting in first.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Clegg, you're flippin joking he was pathetic. How could he win the poll, he said nothing except don't listen to those two blah blah

Cameron smarm

Brown pyscho

Comment

£2000 each

So me and my partner are paying £2k each into the NHS each year according to Nick Clegg...So why the hell cant I opt out of something I havent used in years and put that £4k between us into a private medical policy...so much for choice

Comment

Clegg get's my vote
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                So me and my partner are paying £2k each into the NHS each year according to Nick Clegg...So why the hell cant I opt out of something I havent used in years and put that £4k between us into a private medical policy...so much for choice
                Sigh. It's called the welfare state. If the rich all pulled out because they use private healthcare and schools, nobody would be left to pay for state services.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by London75 View Post
                  Clegg, you're flippin joking he was pathetic. How could he win the poll, he said nothing except don't listen to those two
                  You don't think that's a strong policy?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Clegg looked like a man that would tell you his grandmother was game for it if you had 20 quid to give him.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Sigh. It's called the welfare state. If the rich all pulled out because they use private healthcare and schools, nobody would be left to pay for state services.
                      Sigh back, derrr I do understand that, but if a proportionate amount of people pulled out then the load would reduce, therefore reducing cost...Not everyone can afford to pay for their own private care so thats an extreme comparison, its not just the rich paying for the NHS. From the moment you start paying PAYE you start contributing to the welfare state. If everyone pulled out then maybe but that would never happen, some people would not want to go private and not down to decisions based on cost or their wealth.

We should have an option to pull out of the NHS and go private, but pay a mandatory minimum contribution to the welfare state to ensure its continued funding for all those who cannot afford to go private.

What people should not be expected to do is pay for private care such as BUPA and then be expected to effectively pay again for a service they will not use. And yes BUPA etc doesnt cover everything at the moment but I would pay for my own GP visits (that amounts to 2 in the last 10 years) and A&E including ambulance costs as required.
                      Last edited by smalldog; 15 April 2010, 22:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X