• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone migrated long term?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Occasionally you get a politician saying "I take full responsibility". What that now means is not that he resigns or anything like that, just that he appears in public and says "I take full responsibility". It is not clear to me what "responsibility" means in this context.
    Cressida Dick, the police commisioner who was in charge when that Brazilian electrican was mistakenly executed on the tube has been promoted. They waited a few years till the fuss died down obviously.

Welcome to the Britain, rapidly becoming the banana republic of Europe.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Cressida Dick, the police commisioner who was in charge when that Brazilian electrican was mistakenly executed on the tube has been promoted. They waited a few years till the fuss died down obviously.

Just what every police department needs, a Dick head at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Just what every police department needs, a Dick head at the top.
        I think you will find that considerable progress has already been made in that regard. They have taken their business model from HMG.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

When the PM, running for re-election, says that he removed all regulation while he was chancellor because the banks asked him too and that he now realises that it was huge mistake and he should have considered the public good. You get an idea of the whole "I'm sorry but it was the right thing to do at the time" culture is all about.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            When the PM, running for re-election, says that he removed all regulation while he was chancellor because the banks asked him too and that he now realises that it was huge mistake and he should have considered the public good. You get an idea of the whole "I'm sorry but it was the right thing to do at the time" culture is all about.
            What are you complaining about? People go round saying that Brown never says sorry and never says he was wrong. Now he does, and you say he shouldn't!
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Not only promoted, but Cressida Dick was subsequently awarded a Queens Police Medal by the Queen.

If that's not giving the finger to the people of the UK, I don't know what is. She is responsible for the seven police bullets in John Charles Menenzes brain.

Comment

Originally posted by gooddayall View Post
                Tell that to the average poor Croatian. He surely wouldn't be very exited about it.
                Nah, don't think so.

Croatian women are even more stunning. Beaten only by Bosnian girlies.

I won't mention Serbian women. Take up with one of them and they're likely to invade your home, have you interned, shot, then buried in a shallow grave. Then deny all knowledge.

(For those of you with no SOH I am joking).

Comment

Originally posted by Croatian View Post
                  Nah, don't think so.

Croatian women are even more stunning. Beaten only by Bosnian girlies.

I won't mention Serbian women. Take up with one of them and they're likely to invade your home, have you interned, shot, then buried in a shallow grave. Then deny all knowledge.

(For those of you with no SOH I am joking).
                  Offtopic: I have developed a theory that goes like that : The sex that has more power over the other tends to be bigger physically. One day women will take over the rest of the world , and men will become thin , fragile creatures without any saying.

Comment

Also slightly off-topic, thinking of going on hols to Croatia - have been told the weather is lovely in summer there - is Dubrovnik worth a visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Croatian View Post
                      Slovenia is a relatively prosperous place, doing much better than Croatia. I never really understood why it was part of Yugoslavia, it's alpine rather than Balkan, and the people seem to have a more Western European mindset.

Oh, and the women are stunning.

I could live there.
                      Worked in Slovenia and Croatia and holidayed in Croatia, nice place, nice people as all the dodgy ones seem to be in Germany.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X