• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SAP Netweaver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
    Sage? Peoplesoft? Microsoft Dynamics? Oracle?
    Sage ?

As Milan said, it's for big big big companies, not noddy outfits.

And remember that most companies which wish to implement SAP will go through a very long procurement process during which they will invite tenders from all and sundry and gauge the responses very carefully. The reason SAP wins is because it's the tool which does the job, not through marketing hype.

That's not to say that there aren't outfits running SAP which shouldn't be. I've come across a few myself, and these were public bodies who are happy to waste taxpayers' money.

Comment

I remember a cover from Freelance Informer in the late 90s, with a bunch of people licking a tree. The caption was - some contractors will do anything to say they've got SAP experience.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Sage ?

As Milan said, it's for big big big companies, not noddy outfits.

And remember that most companies which wish to implement SAP will go through a very long procurement process during which they will invite tenders from all and sundry and gauge the responses very carefully. The reason SAP wins is because it's the tool which does the job, not through marketing hype.

That's not to say that there aren't outfits running SAP which shouldn't be. I've come across a few myself, and these were public bodies who are happy to waste taxpayers' money.
        Thanks for the lecture re implementing ERP. The Sage option was included as a piss-take against Milan's assertion that SAP is the only option.

I have been contracting in the ERP arena for nearly 15 years so I have an idea how the procurement process works. Thanks though

Comment

ooops

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 10 April 2010, 18:10.

Comment

Mods, Please delete this thread. Thanks.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Bensey, you should know better than this.

Comment

sorry mate,

all edited out

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                sorry mate,

all edited out

Milan.
                I would still leave the part about .net and the full msdn certification. That's a win-win one.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Your time will come.

Comment

Unless you're doing development, SAP is DULL with a capital D. Its only draw is money. And there are better ways to get that, even in the IT space...

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sas,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chimp,

what are you talking about ?

You mean one day we'll hit the big time ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X