• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why would a Labour win be bad for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I mean everyone whinges on about high taxes (no problem if you earn more than £150k) and the public debt (what's the real impact of that?)
    HAB posted a clip on his blog which is spot on.

http://hairyarsedbloke.blogspot.com/...atch-this.html NSFW - The clip is OK for work but HAB's blog is not.

At least someone is talking about impact of the debt while the politicians won't.

The truth is, the next few years are not going to be very nice, whichever party wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      HAB posted a clip on his blog which is spot on.

http://hairyarsedbloke.blogspot.com/...atch-this.html NSFW - The clip is OK for work but HAB's blog is not.

At least someone is talking about impact of the debt while the politicians won't.

The truth is, the next few years are not going to be very nice, whichever party wins.
      Shhh. Cameron and the Tories are keeping the deficit and Gordon's debt mountain secret.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Shhh. Cameron and the Tories are keeping the deficit and Gordon's debt mountain secret.
        They are not keeping it secret but they are not talking about how big a problem it will be to solve.

That's is the biggest amount of debt that the country has been in since the Second World War. Do you remember what life was like after WWII and how long it took to restore the country to normal ?

The difference being there was a reason for being in that position that the people could get behind. Would you fancy being the one to take it on now? How much support do you think you are likely to get?

Comment

They are not keeping it secret but they are not talking about how big a problem it will be to solve.

That's is the biggest amount of debt that the country has been in since the Second World War. Do you remember what life was like after WWII and how long it took to restore the country to normal ?

The difference being there was a reason for being in that position that the people could get behind. Would you fancy being the one to take it on now? How much support do you think you are likely to get?
          Churchill offered blood, sweat and tears and didn't get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Churchill offered blood, sweat and tears and didn't get elected.
            No because people where offered a welfare state by Labour after suffering in the 2nd world war, and the Tories wanted to return to the old status quo in the 1930s.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If New Lie get in they will have no intention of changing things. They will have a mandate.

They won't control immigration, cheap staff keep wages down and multinationals here. Also controls inflation.

They won't reduce the client state they have spent 13 years increasing it by 50%. Those are core labour voters.

They won't reduce the deficit, the storm has been coming for years they used it to hide their incompetence.

The bills for PFI will bite soon and we are spending more servicing the debt than on rebuilding the NHS & Schools.

They will move closer to Europe and big business so someone wants their CV when they are finally thrown out.

Expenses - it wasn't the scandal it was how they dealt with it, Cameron took charge of his cheats while Brown blustered.

They can't avoid meddling.

I'm Gordon Bruin Vote for me.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                If New Lie get in they will have no intention of changing things. They will have a mandate.

They won't control immigration, cheap staff keep wages down and multinationals here. Also controls inflation.

They won't reduce the client state they have spent 13 years increasing it by 50%. Those are core labour voters.

They won't reduce the deficit, the storm has been coming for years they used it to hide their incompetence.

The bills for PFI will bite soon and we are spending more servicing the debt than on rebuilding the NHS & Schools.

They will move closer to Europe and big business so someone wants their CV when they are finally thrown out.

Expenses - it wasn't the scandal it was how they dealt with it, Cameron took charge of his cheats while Brown blustered.

They can't avoid meddling.

I'm Gordon Bruin Vote for me.
                All true, but my point is, on a personal level, if this doesn't effect you directly, then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  All true, but my point is, on a personal level, if this doesn't effect you directly, then why not?
                  For anyone who has not lost their job this recession has been great, so far. This is why Labour stand a good chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    ID cards and similar unreasonable intrusion into my life "for my own good".
                    I'm happy for ID cards to 'intrude' into my life, for 'my own good' as it were.

Long, long public sector contracts. Lots of money. Easy work. For contractors, what on Earth is there not to like about ID cards?!!

I suspect some people on here are permies...
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

For anyone who has not lost their job this recession has been great, so far. This is why Labour stand a good chance of winning.
                      Or anyone who has a house and mortgage being paid for by savers.

Comment

Working...
                      X