• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why would a Labour win be bad for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Or anyone who has a house and mortgage being paid for by savers.
    Stap me, who's that then? I have a house and a mortgage that is being paid for by half my rate after expenses.

Comment

OP has a point, there doesn't seem to be much difference as they fight for the centre ground. BUT - fundamentally, GB and his crew are looking to redistribute the cash in a way that is likely to penalise anyone earning decent coin AND has overseen a huge rise in the public sector, they are bragging about 900,000 more public sector jobs - this should be a reason for shame !!
      Demographics dictates Camo will not be able to turn all this on it's head but they will clearly be imposing tougher conditions on this spending. There is little doubt they will be fairer on people earning coin = me and there is a chance they will provide some clarity and encouragement to contractors = me. Besides, I can't help thinking his missus would be well worth a go..

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Stap me, who's that then? I have a house and a mortgage that is being paid for by half my rate after expenses.
        House prices are being propped with public debt and interest rates held down with the same source. Savers and future generations are paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          I'm happy for ID cards to 'intrude' into my life, for 'my own good' as it were.

Long, long public sector contracts. Lots of money. Easy work. For contractors, what on Earth is there not to like about ID cards?!!

I suspect some people on here are permies...
          Maybe there are permies on here(wilmslow admits he's a permie) - but not me.

Off you troop to the interrogation centre to have your fingerprints taken and get asked a load of impertinent questions for the government to sell you a licence to exist renewable every few years then.

Comment

still looking for someone to explain to me why me paying more tax from the more I work hard to earn so they can give it to lazy scrotes who do nothing more than watch daytime tv can ever be considered 'Fair'

oh and another reason is that Labour Lie a lot so no matter what they say which may persuade you to vote for them would be a lie.

So it is kind of difficult to answer the OP's question because realistically we have no idea what Labour will do should they get in again.

Comment

Working...
            X