• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bye Bye Gordon Countdown Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems axiomatic - that the more certain the CUK assimbly is of an event - then the more likey
    the contrary will take place.

But did you consider - if Labour won - would Grodon really want to continue with you lot - maybe he has got better things to do ...

And if there is a change of Government - what difference will it make ??

Meet the New Boss - same as the Old Boss ...

PS Heres something I came across today - food for thought ...

Anyone who expects total honesty from ANY politician before an election (and after, for that matter), is delusional. Why - because the great British public just can't take it. Why be the messenger of bad news if it guarantees you get shot? It's only when we are up to our necks in deep do-do that we begin to realise that what we are smelling is not coffee. The last time this happened was World War 2, when the only promise was blood, sweat and tears, but it concentrated the public mind, wonderfully.

Comment

23 days to go.

Bye Bye Gordon.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        23 days to go.

Bye Bye Gordon.

You will soon be laughing on the other side of your face
        Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
          I reckon you're right there. If anything Gordon will comeback with an increased majority. I'm looking forward to it.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            I reckon you're right there. If anything Gordon will comeback with an increased majority. I'm looking forward to it.
            Radio 4 Today had Posh Boy down to 3% in polls. And counting down ....
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Hung parliament here we come. The british public must be nuts. Another 5 years of this under Labour/Liberal coalition?
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                Hung parliament here we come. The british public must be nuts. Another 5 years of this under Labour/Liberal coalition?
                Good. I am most concerned about liberty, and only the LibDems will do something about that. Labour can't see a liberty without wanting to squash it, and I'm afraid that the Conservatives are not really committed to it either.

With a bit of luck a coalition or minority government will do a bit less. Less government would be all right. Too much power in parliamanet, and a government stops thinking "Do we need to do something? What can we do?" and starts thinking "What extra laws shall we make today?"
                Last edited by expat; 14 April 2010, 08:56.

Comment

My prediction back in Decemeber was for a Labour Victory with a reduced majority - but Threaded could be correct.

Labours fate rests with the Scottish electorate - if the SNP manage to make gains from the Labour heartlands there - then its over for Labour - but if they can hold Scotland - yes they can still win.
                  Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 14 April 2010, 09:15.

Comment

I don't think I care who gets in - they are all the same.

I'm just I grabbed one of the countdown 's

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                      I hope he wins too. It will be the best thing that could happen to the country.

Note: My motivations and expectations of subsequent events may differ from others that desire the return of a Labour government.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X