• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Large Hadron Collider – Live!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've got that feeling of deja vu again again again again again.
    That’s because CERN are fiddling about with timespace and we’ve gone round in a circle instead of bridging through timespace to a different universe.

AtW warned us you know.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      That’s because CERN are fiddling about with timespace and we’ve gone round in a circle instead of bridging through timespace to a different universe.

AtW warned us you know.
      I'm sure it was Threaded last time.....

Comment

I wouldn't worry, the time travellers from the future will come back and break it so time travel isn't possible.*

* this post is intentionally left paradoxical.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

People forget that there are more energetic particles hitting the earth every day, things like a complete isolated platinum nucleus arriving at 99.99% of the speed of light, they are several orders of magnitude more energetic, they just dont arrive on a schedule like CERN.

Comment

Originally posted by Babbage View Post
            People forget that there are more energetic particles hitting the earth every day, things like a complete isolated platinum nucleus arriving at 99.99% of the speed of light, they are several orders of magnitude more energetic, they just dont arrive on a schedule like CERN.
            Nor do they arrive inside the magnetic belt. If these highly energetic particles start bouncing around INSIDE our magnetic field, we will surely all DIE*

* this post is intentionally left scientifically flawed
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nor in a large bunch. A high tunneling threshold might be reached by the LHC with particles that are each separately less energetic than cosmic ray particles.

Comment

I don't forget that.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You're right... I forgot about them.

But are they arriving at NLS from absolute opposites and steered onto a collision course?*

* I don't really know what I'm on about but I'm led to believe thats what happens at CERN?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We have 3.5TeV beams now.
                    We're all going to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      We're all going to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      The only problem I have with your faith in science is the fact that I won't be able to say "I told you so" if I'm right.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X