• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accidental Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Not a huge Plan B, more an idea for a minor plan B.

Although I write documentation, I've always thought I had a block when writing essays in a creative way (it came from school and has never really left me).

But I've discovered that not only can I write, I enjoy it, and it seems that others enjoy reading it too.

Now I just have to think about how I do more of it...
    I think we need a taster before the panel can decide. 1000 words or so. I need to be riveted, and wanting more by the end.

Off yer toddle
    Last edited by suityou01; 28 March 2010, 11:23.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I think we need a taster before the panel can decide. 1000 words or so. I need to be riveted, and wanting more by the end.

Off yer toddle

There ya go!

(Not quite what you were expecting, I know - but it's a start! )
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There ya go!

I read that.

Want a more exciting example.

(Though to be honest that was more exciting than the usual drivel the site provides as news.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There ya go!

Nooooooo - that's boring Monday to Friday stuff.

We want a story
          We want a story
          We want a story

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Nooooooo - that's boring Monday to Friday stuff.

We want a story
            We want a story
            We want a story

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I once wrote something that was read out by David Baddiel on telly on Unplanned, was a funny-at-the-time piece about West Bromwich Albion signing Saddam Hussein as their new striker, blatantly stolen by a WBA fanzine cos that's not who I wrote it for....

DB read it out, mentioning the no-football policy on Unplanned, made exception to take the piss out of Frank Skinner.

Now I admit I could possibly have dreamt this, but I'm sure it happened! I've torrented as many eps as I can find but can't find this ep.

Freaking sure it happened now tho!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Erotic fiction?
                Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                ....... I need to be riveted, and wanting more by the end.......
                Oi Suity - Its meant to be Cojak doing the erotic stuff!

Comment

Been doing it for some time myself. Technical writing is a good start in my view, teaches you to hone things to what is strictly necessary though some like a lot of description and intricate subplots and poetic language of course.

Join a writers' club, having to to write something every month or whatever forces a bit of discipline on you. Most recent one is a bit Woman's Owny but then the club is mostly full of old ladies.

http://www.xoggoth.org/pages/xoggoth10.html#candle
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X