• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sasguru banned? Missed that...Why?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Yes, doing a Godwin will get you banned most places.
    Lost the rest of my post (maybe I forgot to type it...)

I remember a friend who got banned on a parrot web forum: invoked Godwin whilst talking about flight feathers. Normally a quiet respectable grandmother, and they were so shocked, it was funny.

(Guessed you had to be there, it was a very funny memory to me)
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Sorry but people who drone on about this law are total sad sacks.
      Oi Admin, can we have a "droning" smiley? Bee-like, like?

Comment

I remember a friend who got banned on a parrot web forum: invoked Godwin whilst talking about flight feathers. Normally a quiet respectable grandmother, and they were so shocked, it was funny.

I rest my case.

Comment

I remember that one, but saying "all people that keep African Grey parrots should be rounded-up, put in concentration camps, have their heads shaved and then exterminated." was, imo, a trifle strong.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            And there's the issue - and the reason behind the moving of inane/pun/bitch/stuckrecord threads to where they belong.

What did Light Relief do to deserve that nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I remember that one, but saying "all people that keep African Grey parrots should be rounded-up, put in concentration camps, have their heads shaved and then exterminated." was, imo, a trifle strong.
              It certainly was. The racial undertones regarding the treatment of a single species of parrot and not including all parrots is quite shocking.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                It certainly was. The racial undertones regarding the treatment of a single species of parrot and not including all parrots is quite shocking.
                Yep, you start pandering to that kind of mob mentality and you may as well move to France!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Yep, you start pandering to that kind of mob mentality and you may as well move to France!
                  That's a low blow even for a Lancastrian!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                    Started dozens of inane threads which is pretty standard behaviour... I imagine referring to the mods as mini hitlers probably didn't help his case tho..
                    He was right though
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Good grief, whatever next? And just what is this Village going to do without the Chief idiot? Things are getting ridiculous.
                      I am contemplating a "flounce" episode now...........oh yes....I am also now glum. As if things on the footy side were not going badly enough, CUK seems to be imploding with PC nonsense.
                      Hmm, agree.

Since when has inane thread starting been a banning offence on CUK?

Not flouncing off like, but still, really?

Are things really getting that heay handed?
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X