• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kebabs in Germany...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    sadly 'tis true unless you goto the English shop if your city is lucky enough to have one OR you bring back in bulk each time you go back to the uk..

ahh a Bacon Sarnie for breakfast with a runny egg on a nice barm cake.. mmmm
    Aye but I suffer dreadfully here in Leeds for the lack of käsewurst....

Swings and Roundabouts, Swings and Roundabouts...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      ...had a few amazing beers and wandered into the nearest kepap shop...
      I think we found what made the kebab so wonderful...
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        sadly 'tis true unless you goto the English shop if your city is lucky enough to have one OR you bring back in bulk each time you go back to the uk..

ahh a Bacon Sarnie for breakfast with a runny egg on a nice barm cake.. mmmm
        You really should try "Beef Bacon" and "Beef Ham" both served up as a Saudi salaam to breakfast.... well to be honest you really shouldn't bother!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          You really should try "Beef Bacon" and "Beef Ham" both served up as a Saudi salaam to breakfast.... well to be honest you really shouldn't bother!
          been there, done that, my brother lives in Oman and the "Full English" was not what I was expecting for breakfast..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

oh I quite like that beef bacon...but it's certainly no subsitute...just different

if you crave pork I can probably get you the address of a butcher there.

You have to know the code words though..."a kilo of flat nose beef please"

Comment

German Döner kebabs usually include a slice of feta cheese to add some extra yumminess. A trip to Berlin isn't complete without one...

Comment

Invented in Germany as well, Berlin to be precise...but not all Doners are good, I've had some pretty rough ones.

We had a young chap come out to work some years ago and after a few weeks his wife and young baby moved out to be with him. One night he went out for a couple of beers and on the way home had the obligatory Doner which overnight fermented inside his Darm (German for guts) causing an enourmous amount of leakage and pain. Off he crawled and wobbled to the doctor whereupon it was announced that he had 'Doner Belly' which is pretty much a mixture of Montezuma's Revenge and the Ottoman Empire rebelling in your insides. He was hospitalised but sadly during the stay there he seemed to contract some other kind of illness which put him flat on his back for, a non-German speaking coloured chap, an eternity. The trouble was, he was still on his probation, his wife didn't speak German and he had already spent his relocation allowance and as this was basically a self inflicted injury his employment was, to put it bluntly, terminated like the castration of a bullock. Cue one very skint, sick and well pissed off Englishman and the moral of this story is: Beware of the Doner 'cos it might Blitz you.

(Then there is the story of the scouser here who pulled an Italian bird who said she was a virgin, went back to her place for some of the old horizontal Mambo, room split into half with a curtain behind which was a baby, apparently someone else's, along with the itchy sack infection he caught from her)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Invented in Germany as well, Berlin to be precise...but not all Doners are good, I've had some pretty rough ones.

We had a young chap come out to work some years ago and after a few weeks his wife and young baby moved out to be with him. One night he went out for a couple of beers and on the way home had the obligatory Doner which overnight fermented inside his Darm (German for guts) causing an enourmous amount of leakage and pain. Off he crawled and wobbled to the doctor whereupon it was announced that he had 'Doner Belly' which is pretty much a mixture of Montezuma's Revenge and the Ottoman Empire rebelling in your insides. He was hospitalised but sadly during the stay there he seemed to contract some other kind of illness which put him flat on his back for, a non-German speaking coloured chap, an eternity. The trouble was, he was still on his probation, his wife didn't speak German and he had already spent his relocation allowance and as this was basically a self inflicted injury his employment was, to put it bluntly, terminated like the castration of a bullock. Cue one very skint, sick and well pissed off Englishman and the moral of this story is: Beware of the Doner 'cos it might Blitz you.

(Then there is the story of the scouser here who pulled an Italian bird who said she was a virgin, went back to her place for some of the old horizontal Mambo, room split into half with a curtain behind which was a baby, apparently someone else's, along with the itchy sack infection he caught from her)
                  I had a particularly nice donner from a place just outside the Erotic Museum nr Bahnhof Zoo in Berlin.....

Nice to see this thread is not on light relief. Yet...

Comment

I had a particularly nice donner from a place just outside the Erotic Museum nr Bahnhof Zoo in Berlin.....

Nice to see this thread is not on light relief. Yet...
                    is it?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Aye but I suffer dreadfully here in Leeds for the lack of käsewurst....

Swings and Roundabouts, Swings and Roundabouts...
                      There is, believe it or not, a German/English club in Leeds. Do interesting talks at the UR Hall in Headingley.

I know there is a tradition of a German Xmas market in Leeds.

Maybe you should ask about...

HTH
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X