• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another SC question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newnonperm View Post
    Thanks i recieved a 12 months conditional discharge for fighting when i was younger and dafter 30 years ago, who issues the SC, the vetting people or the company security ?

Thanks
    Look, your original post was incorrect, it wasn't another SC question, it was more of the same.

I suggest you either do a search of this forum or have a look at this website.

Admin, can we have a "sticky" on the new forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Look, your original post was incorrect, it wasn't another SC question, it was more of the same.

I suggest you either do a search of this forum or have a look at this website.

Admin, can we have a "sticky" on the new forum?
      Don't rile him - he gets violent!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Don't rile him - he gets violent!
        It's OK, MarillionFan will sort him out.

Comment

Thanks i recieved a 12 months conditional discharge for fighting when i was younger and dafter 30 years ago, who issues the SC, the vetting people or the company security ?

Thanks
          Assuming the concept is you -> company (consultancy - Fujitsu etc.) -> end-client:

The company does a quick initial check to see if you are likely to get it - residency, passport, ID etc. Nothing more than that.

Then they pass it over to the end-client to do the security check. This may be DVA, it may be the department themselves, e.g. Ministry of Justice do their own.

If this is you -> end-client then it's obviously only the end-client that does the check. The people that you are working with (day-to-day contacts etc.) won't see the forms, though.
          If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Thanks
            I would hardly say that was embarassing. It is more par for the course and you were unlucky enough to get caught or run fast enough.

Did you win? How bad did you hurt the other guy?? Was there lots of blood? Tell me.. tell me...

If that is all it is then this is all a storm in a teacup. Tell your company to be absolutely sure there will be no come back if you fail and just get on with it. It is so minor and so long ago I really can't see this being a problem to anyone.

Now if you turn round and tell us you were fighting with a politician while trying to steal his briefcase of secret to sell to the Russkies then we will are gonna give you a right flaming!!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks

I send direct to end client (vetting people) and nothing else to hide so i will see what happens now.Who tells me if i've got it ?

Comment

Thanks

I send direct to end client (vetting people) and nothing else to hide so i will see what happens now.Who tells me if i've got it ?
                Why not have a look at the FAQ section of the DVA website?

Comment

I have been asked to apply for SC but can you tell me if my current employer will see the infomation on the form as i have a small indiscretion 30 years ago long spent but i'm embarrased about it, i dont know if it will stop my SC being granted.Is the process that the vetting people see the form and grant/refuse SC or do employers security see info sent to vetting people and grant/refuse SC

TIA
                  You can put things in an envelope. But sometimes people who shouldn't do open them.

So don't fuss it. Leave it out in the open.

In fact if you feel that embarrassed about it, you've got to ask yourself: what would you do if someone down the line offered to not tell your employer about it, if you did them a little favour...

That's what it's all about you see.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Your offence will still be visible to those conducting a PNC check on you, and a PNC check is made on every SC level applicant.

Regardless of what the offence was for, you HAVE to declare your criminal record on the SC Application forms.

Please read the blurb which accompanies the SC clearance application, as these give you all the info you need, ask the security controller for them if you never received them.

Comment

I have been asked to apply for SC but can you tell me if my current employer will see the infomation on the form as i have a small indiscretion 30 years ago long spent but i'm embarrased about it, i dont know if it will stop my SC being granted.Is the process that the vetting people see the form and grant/refuse SC or do employers security see info sent to vetting people and grant/refuse SC

TIA
                      I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago - a fine for drunk & disorderly as a teenager. Be honest on the form, they're trying to establish your integrity and trustworthiness, if you get caught out in a lie your out on your ear. It could be relevant if you got caught passing dud cheques or some such, and you were going for a finance sector gig etc. though.

Comment

Working...
                      X