• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

techmahindra taking the mickey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What a bull tulip post.

If you are getting new windows in and the company you contact charge you 5K for the job and a Polish builder comes in and says he will do for 2K, what would you do ?

The market dictates the rate, not you. You can set your rate but the client will decide what he will pay and to whom.

Simples.
    And when your windows fall out, and it costs £8K to get the original company to remove and replace, you've only got yourself to blame. Simples.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
      I afraid there is nothing to report about, they are just trying to find some souls desperate enough to agree to a ridiculous rate .. that's what some agents do anyway, regardless of nationality ..

There are no work permits for contract positions, must be a permanent role .. simples.
      There is - Tier 1.........

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        There is - Tier 1.........
        There is no requirement to advertise the job then, is they wanted to hire someone with Tier 1 visa they would simply do it without making such calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          There is no requirement to advertise the job then, is they wanted to hire someone with Tier 1 visa they would simply do it without making such calls.
          I get you - didn't read the thread fully!

Although there are still bodyshopping places I hear about, get the Bob on a Tier 2, farm him out on contracts. Illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            There are a lot of benched contractors(of all nationalities) out there who would snatch their hands off.

If you're working, fine. If not, do the contract, take the money until something else crops up.

£1000 per week is better than JSA...
            Never one to miss an opportinity.
            When's your contract up Churchy?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Classic. It's hardly as if £200/day is the breadline. Take the rate, do the job and get another contract on a high rate asap. That, or sit on the bench on £0/day.

An old friend was a doctor and I remember being bemused by her friends who were moaning how badly paid they were. They lived in that back-arse of the UK too. Guess it's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Never one to miss an opportinity.
                When's your contract up Churchy?
                Not until the end of July - although looks like we're going to extend.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  And when your windows fall out, and it costs £8K to get the original company to remove and replace, you've only got yourself to blame. Simples.
                  Aren't most of the cowboy builders in the UK English, while the Polish ones know what a work ethic is?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think it's hard to say any role is a "£500 day role", £500/day is a lot of money however you look at it for any techy role. And £500/day for the type of work that offshore teams can actually do is even higher... they mostly do development work rather than higher-level analyst/architect work don't they?

What was the role?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      just hazarding a guess here that the OP just wanted a bit of a rant. Can't blame him really.

1000/week is indeed better than JSA. Then again would this lower the market rate over all. Agent 1 says "I got someone for £200 pd" and the next contractor feels obliged to roll over.
                      I didn't get into contracting to earn "better than JSA". If I find that's all that's going then I think I'll get out of it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X