• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

techmahindra taking the mickey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except in terms of TCO, it costs 2-3 times as much.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by remoh1972 View Post
      techmahindra taking the pi55
      Good. It seems we need all the help we can get.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by remoh1972 View Post
        Just got called from india by some joker offering a £500 a day role at £200 a day...
        Blatent lets get someone over on a work permit...
        Who can I report this to?
        I afraid there is nothing to report about, they are just trying to find some souls desperate enough to agree to a ridiculous rate .. that's what some agents do anyway, regardless of nationality ..

There are no work permits for contract positions, must be a permanent role .. simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          I afraid there is nothing to report about, they are just trying to find some souls desperate enough to agree to a ridiculous rate .. that's what some agents do anyway, regardless of nationality ..

There are no work permits for contract positions, must be a permanent role .. simples.
          There are a lot of benched contractors(of all nationalities) out there who would snatch their hands off.

If you're working, fine. If not, do the contract, take the money until something else crops up.

£1000 per week is better than JSA...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Except in terms of TCO, it costs 2-3 times as much.
            I would say even more, considering that typically a 'team' of offshore consultants are hired to carry out a role that we would complete part-time. Or at least that's what's happening here!

Comment

What the **** do you intend to report?!

If you walked into a Merc dealership and offered them a grand for a brand new SLK would the salesman want to report you to someone? Or would he think "bit of a chancer this one, God loves a tryer".

Jesus Christ, some of you want your ******* hands holding. Mummy isn't around to wipe your noses anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                What the **** do you intend to report?!

If you walked into a Merc dealership and offered them a grand for a brand new SLK would the salesman want to report you to someone? Or would he think "bit of a chancer this one, God loves a tryer".

Jesus Christ, some of you want your ******* hands holding. Mummy isn't around to wipe your noses anymore.
                just hazarding a guess here that the OP just wanted a bit of a rant. Can't blame him really.

1000/week is indeed better than JSA. Then again would this lower the market rate over all. Agent 1 says "I got someone for £200 pd" and the next contractor feels obliged to roll over.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

1000/week is indeed better than JSA. Then again would this lower the market rate over all. Agent 1 says "I got someone for £200 pd" and the next contractor feels obliged to roll over.
                  If he's tulip at negotiating or stupid. I've had them ring and say "well, someone else will do it for X an hour". And I reply "that's a cracking price, if I were you I'd snap them up".

They usually ring back or back down.

Comment

If someone comes over on £200 a day, shirley they will find out £200 a day isn't THAT much. If they do stay over here, they will then seek market rate at some point. I've worked with workers who have come over on the cheap and now work for the same rate I do.

It is a sign of the times, but how come we don't get Indian car mechanics over here for minimum wage or dentists and doctors etc. If they did, at some point they will all want a fair salary to match the inflated living costs at some point.
                    Last edited by SuperZ; 23 March 2010, 13:51.

Comment

What a bull tulip post.

If you are getting new windows in and the company you contact charge you 5K for the job and a Polish builder comes in and says he will do for 2K, what would you do ?

The market dictates the rate, not you. You can set your rate but the client will decide what he will pay and to whom.

Simples.
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X