• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ban Mephedrone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I have been thinking about giving it a go for a while, there is a head shop down the road from work and I might get some grams tomorrow.
    I've got a bag of manure out of the back of the house. £10 and I'll sell you a KG!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      So something that is packaged and sold as plant food has been taken by people to get high, and because two kids have died while taking it (which is a tragedy, don't get me wrong on that) it should be banned.

If it's right to ban mephedrone, surely we should be banning glue as well? Far more people have died from solvent abuse.

While we are at it lets ban alcohol and cigarettes too, they have killed millions. What about horse tranquillizers? the list is virtually never ending. If it can play with your mind there is going to be somebody who will try taking it for a laugh or to get high, why should we ban something because some idiot didn't use it for the right purpose?

They key point here is that there is no other use for Mephedrone other than to get high, unlike glue or solvents. It's not even a licensed medicine.

Ketamine ( horse tranquillizers ) are already a class C drug.

Cigarettes and Alcohol are an anachronism I grant you, yes they kill, yes they are addictive, but society as it presently is tolerates their use. That may change with cigarettes sooner than alcohol but not in the near future.

You may argue that drugs in general should be legal but that is a different issue. Under the present legal system they are illegal, and banning Mephedrone is perfectly logical in that context.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've got a bag of manure out of the back of the house. £10 and I'll sell you a KG!
        Is it good tulip?

Comment

I have been thinking about giving it a go for a while, there is a head shop down the road from work and I might get some grams tomorrow.
          It burns a bit.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I think the problem is that it's so cheap, and the postman actually delivers it to your door. So everyone is ordering silly amounts, and doing it...

Really good.... but I'd rather do a known substance, C, md. rar...all been tested and we know most of the bad effects.

Comment

An old mate of mine tried it several times last year. He swears he'll never touch it again after he got some in his eye and had to go to the docs after it swelled up.

He was meant to be doing my building work and looked like tulip with a puffed up face all week and complained about feeling bad. He is the kind of moron though who is nearly 40 and will do it with 20 pints and stay up until 10 am the next day. May not be a reliable measure.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Is that the me-ow thingy that those young fella's took last weekend?

Terrible sad
                This pseudo-drug should NOT be made illegal quite yet. Drugs are a health issue, not a legal issue in my opinion, and I do not take drugs, except alcohol now and again.

The guys took a load of booze and a concoction of drugs over many hours. I don't understand why mephedrone has been targetted in this stuff. I've seen, as I've grown up, the way in which drugs get mistakenly blamed and then targetted as if they are the original problem.

If someone can go out and get píshed off their face, why can't the same person have a wee dose or some chemical that has an effect on the brain, albeit different from that of alcohol or massive amounts of caffeine.

Abuse of alcohol causes problems, as does abuse of drugs. People even take heroin recreationally these days; I think addiction is more to do with the person than the drug, there are few self-aware smart people that have been swallowed by the common dance drugs out there. Heroin is of course in a class of its own and deserves its class A status.

This chasing after the small-time legal highs seems so pathetic to me - and for those who will inevitably mention the young adults' parents: the guys were young adults, and clearly weren't smart enough to go research what they were doing. If they had died after boozing too much and choking on their own vomit, it would be a tragedy, but it would also show that the young men had some issue - the effects of abusing anything, and not adhering to moderation, are well known for most things in life.

Comment

It's £18.99 for 2g, bargain.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                  X