• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank you for all your hard work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all your hard work

What's wrong in this permie world?

You get credit if you work a lot, even if you don't solve the problem at all. To me someone who has to waste a lot of time for a simple solution is just someone who is unable to do his job, yet in a permie world this is seen as a positive thing and they reward you for that.

Argghhh, I should stop solving problems and have to concentrate to look like I am working all the time while writing in the forums.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Francko, are you some sort of beginner at this work thing? When did you graduate again?
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Permies

The best thing about permies is their blinding incompetence. They can have all the praise/promotions in the world for putting in the hours as long as they're not productive. That's where we come in, do the work in a 1/4 of the time and spend the rest posting and planning trips to foreign parts.

Long Live the Crap Permie.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        Francko, are you some sort of beginner at this work thing? When did you graduate again?
        I will graduate again in 2010 hopefully (unless I go for the MPhil first in which case it should be 2008). Keep fingers crossed.

There is always an unpleasant surprise in this permie world where you least expect it. Ahhhhh if I was as young and soft as you are, sweet Becca....
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

....aha so you've just started a PhD ??

what in not
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
            ....aha so you've just started a PhD ??
            Correct, not sure I will have the time to finish but what the hell, is worth at least trying it....

what in not

Comment

Is this PhD in "Aspects of Workplace relations"? If not it should be ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have to agree. We should always judge people by what they acheive, which is at least subjectively measureable (although the criteria may be subjective) and never by intentions, motive, integrity, honesty or all those other vague human factors we can never be sure off. If we did that the world would be a better place. Good intentions are not worth a fart in a hailstorm.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Hurricane
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X