• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things Women Say...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    CM - I have heard tell that you said something like "hang on....there's an actual place called Cheddar?!"

She did indeed

Comment

Eh?
      Keep up at the back
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        is she a paddy?
        No. We're not Irish. She's just silly.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I am laughing at this one.

CM - I have heard tell that you said something like "hang on....there's an actual place called Cheddar?!"

I know - the shame of it and it was one of those things that I wished I'd never typed

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          is she a paddy?
          Ahem
          It's not just us who say daft things, as just proved by MP's sister

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            I know - the shame of it and it was one of those things that I wished I'd never typed

Ahem
            It's not just us who say daft things, as just proved by MP's sister

daft is good

way way way better than rude or nasty.

keep up the good work, nice thread
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

"No more cars!"
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I am also a bit thick with a lot of things, but not about to reveal what.

My Mum is incredible. She is a very career driven, intimidating woman - but she comes out with some classics:

She wasn't aware how many holes she actually had "down there" (I won't even tell you how tha conversation cropped up).

Having seen me put my hazards on once she asked me how I "put all my indicators on at once".

She thought that she always had to press the "snowflake" button in the car if it was icy outside (air con).

Her best moment is probably VICTORIA SPONGE.

"It's hard work, doing that last faffy bit of a victoria sponge, isn't it? I mean, you put the cream icing on the sponge, and then it's so hard to get the jam to stay onto that, isn't it?"

She had no idea why we were laughing, and it took one of us to explain, in all seriousness, that she could put the jam on the OTHER sponge cake. She was incredulous.
                Last edited by MaryPoppins; 15 March 2010, 18:59.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  I think it was pure genuis, I am almost jealous I wasn't the one to say it!!
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

How is it sisters manage to come out with such gems?

MP is your sis younger?

My sis also thought that if she didn't have her "lady week" each month and carried on taking her pill, she would be saving up her eggs for when she got older.
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

I am also a bit thick with a lot of things, but not about to reveal what.

My Mum is incredible. She is a very career driven, intimidating woman - but she comes out with some classics:

She wasn't aware how many holes she actually had "down there" (I won't even tell you how tha conversation cropped up).

Having seen me put my hazards on once she asked me how I "put all my indicators on at once".

She thought that she always had to press the "snowflake" button in the car if it was icy outside (air con).

Her best moment is probably VICTORIA SPONGE.

"It's hard work, doing that last faffy bit of a victoria sponge, isn't it? I mean, you put the cream icing on the sponge, and then it's so hard to get the jam to stay onto that, isn't it?"

She had no idea why we were laughing, and it took one of us to explain, in all seriousness, that she could put the jam on the OTHER sponge cake. She was incredulous.
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X